Easy Recipes For Vacation Goodies!

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
Now that we're on the subject of recipes, let's give this a try. :teeth:

My family spends way too much money on food, while on vacation. We rarely eat out at home & more than make up for it on vacation. :blush: We like dining at nice places that unfortunately come with a nice size check at the end. :rolleyes1 I know we're not going to sacrifice nice dinners, so I've come up with a compromise. I've almost convinced my DH & DS that we should eat breakfast & lunch in the room on our upcoming USO/ beach trip. Our food budget can all go toward dinner, so it won't seem so bad. To keep everyone from feeling deprived, I want to make some homemade goodies for the room. Hopefully, this will also keep us out of the bakeries. :rolleyes: When my family thinks about goodies, we're talking about the ooey gooey, fattening kind. You know, fudge, brownies, cookies, etc. ;) No trail mix for us. :p

Please, share your easy recipes for yummy snacks to take on vacation & keep in the room. TIA :)

strawberry short cake
2 frozen or fresh containers of strawberrys throw in bowl
add 1 pakage of strawberry jello ( just the powder)
1 container of cool wip thrown in
and 1 angle food cake cut up. Mix all and = yummy!!!!! :yay:

Cream cheese brownies are always good.

--Just mix up some Duncan Hines brownie mix, pour into the pan
Next, in another bowl, mix 8 oz. cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 box powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour on top of brownie mix.
Bake at 350 for 45 mins. or so.

Candy shop pizza

1 roll cookie dough--sugar, choc. chip, etc.
1 bag choc. chips-semi or milk
1/2 c. peanut butter (if you like it)
various candy bars, chopped--Snickers, Heath, Crunch, M&M's, malt balls, whatever you like

Spread the roll of cookie dough on a pizza pan. Bake it per directions.
While it's warm, sprinkle the choc. chips on and drop the peanut butter by spoonfuls. Let it become shiny (5 mins.); then, spread. Top with chopped candy bars. Eat!

Classic Rice Krispy treats never fail to please. We also like them made from Cocoa krispies with a few chocolate chips thrown in.

bevtoy said:
Classic Rice Krispy treats never fail to please. We also like them made from Cocoa krispies with a few chocolate chips thrown in.

MMMmmm! Got to try the chocolate kind ! :thumbsup2

bevtoy said:
We love em also w/ fruity pebbles or fruit loops, they store well (as long as humidity is down)
Another goodie is carmel corn; bagged in individual servings or in a big ziplock (or tupperware container) and its great for travel/vacations
YUM!! popcorn::

How about Cheerio treats?

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
5 cups cheerios

Combine sugar and syryp in saucepan and bring to boil stirring often. Do not cook. Take off heat and add peanut butter. Stir in cheerios. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray. Put mixture in pan and pack down firmly. Cool. Cut into squares. ENJOY!!!!

**Sometimes, I add just a touch more syrup and peanut butter for chewier treats. Or you could just do less cereal too.

bevtoy said:

We like them with M&M's mixed in or melt some caramel on top! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great suggestions. :) They all sound yummy.

If we were going to WDW, I'd make the rice krispie treats in the shape of a Mickey icon & put some of the Magic Shell chocolate on them. They'd be just as good & much cheaper than you can get in the parks. :thumbsup2 I can still make them for UO. I'll probably just do boring squares though. ;)

The strawberry shortcake will be a great dessert for home. I may make that this weekend. :sunny: I like to make low fat desserts for home.

Cream cheese brownies are my fav. bakery item. I am so making those. :teeth:

Chex mix comes in so many varieties. Just be sure to pack a zip lock bag to put them in once they are opened to keep them fresh.

ooh I love these ideas and perfect treats for the beach!!!!!

We like to make our own trail mix:

M&Ms
peanuts
raisins
almonds when the kids were little I always included cherrios

Add whatever your family likes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter