Easy Disney Restaurant Meals to Create at Home?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I love to cook, but on weekdays, things have to be fast and somewhat healthy. Many of our favorite meals in regular rotation are inspired by our favorite Disney meals. Well, we know we can't create California Grill's Oak Fired Pork with Zinfandel Mushroom Glaze every night, but we can make . . .

The Plaza's Hummus and Veggie Sandwich
LTT's Colony Salad with grilled chicken, apples, pecans and smoked cheddar.
'Ohana's green beans (from the circa 2003-ish menu) as a side dish with grilled shrimp or chicken

Do you make any Disney inspired meals on a regular basis?

Subscribing to this! :) We're hoping to get inspired on our next Disney trip. I do make Veiled Maiden (from the Norway pavilion) a lot at home, but it was a family recipe that my grandmother taught me long before we ever went to Disney.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get recipes or ingredients for a particular dish from the restaurant staff, or do they consider it a proprietary secret?

It depends on the restaurant and what the item is, I think. Most restaurants have been very willing to share recipes. The problem is, they are so scaled up (making 6 cakes or a gallon of salad dressing) that they just give you the ingredients and method and no proportions. Boma and Jiko will ask for your email address and email you scaled down versions.

I make a falafel wrap with homemade hummus and tzatziki sauce and that transports us back to Tangierine Cafe in Epcot.

the two i've made the most often are the macadamia nut crust chicken with papaya marmalade and mashed potatoes with sho yu cream sauce from wolfgang pucks. the second is actually an appetizer at citricos but we put it ove wheat pasta and make it a main course. it's the sauteed shrimp with lemon, feta, white wine, and tomatoes. this ones really fast.

the two i've made the most often are the macadamia nut crust chicken with papaya marmalade and mashed potatoes with sho yu cream sauce from wolfgang pucks. the second is actually an appetizer at citricos but we put it ove wheat pasta and make it a main course. it's the sauteed shrimp with lemon, feta, white wine, and tomatoes. this ones really fast.
Would LOVE the macadamia nut chicken recipe!! We love it, and my DMIL is especially crazy about it!

At that California Grill I always order the grilled pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta.. I've tried making it a few times and it's been good, but nowhere near as good as CG!

Make the cream cheese mash potatos from Le Cellier a few times a month.

Make the french toast loaf that use to be at MSB.

Thinking Im getting one of the cook books when we are back in WDW in Sept!

Thanks for posting the link to the recipe index--I had no idea that thread existed! I can't wait to try some of those recipes--I think I'll make school bread first...yum!

I like to make the cheesesoup from Le Cellier. Not the most healthy but oh so good.

I have made the Cheddar Cheese Soup from LeCellier - it was good but didn't taste the same (maybe I have to make it then wait 180 days to eat it:confused3)
One recipe that is in my regular rotation is the BBQ sauce from Flame Tree. :lovestruc

Thanks, guys. I do love making Le Cellier cheese soup. I do that probably twice a year in the fall/winter time.

I have a lot of WDW cookbooks- 6 I think. I just rarely have the time to make some of the more complicated dishes. I'd love to make the AP Smoky Portobello Soup sometime!

I am checking out that macadamia nut chicken recipe to see if it is in that thread.

What?!!?! There are recipe books? Are they everywhere or just in a specific shop...I don't recall seeing them last trip but I'll be all over that next trip!!:thumbsup2

What?!!?! There are recipe books? Are they everywhere or just in a specific shop...I don't recall seeing them last trip but I'll be all over that next trip!!:thumbsup2

Im wondering too guess I will have to check it out on my next trip!:thumbsup2

Im wondering too guess I will have to check it out on my next trip!:thumbsup2

Right now, I think there are 2 that you can find in the gift shops. Your best bets are next to the kitchen/cooking dept. of the bigger stores like the Emporium in MK and Mouse Gear in Epcot or of course World of Disney.

I have a lot of the older editions of the cookbooks that I got in Disney World when I was younger. I also have a little cookbook just from Food and Wine a few years ago ( I think 2006?) You can also find some of these older cookbooks on Ebay and Amazon.

Moved thread from Restaurants to the cooking board - have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter