Eastern vs Western Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by gojulia, Jan 28, 2013.

1. gojulia

gojulia Earning My Ears

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I've scrolled through many pages and haven't found it! We are looking to book a 7-night Caribbean cruise for March of 2014. Can anyone give me pros and cons of Eastern vs Western? Would love any suggestions? It will be extended family with kids ranging in age from 14 to 3.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We prefer the eastern. An additional sea day, nicer port views [green and lush instead of just beaches and buildings].

5. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Based on itinerary alone I'd prefer to do an Eastern. Every time I try to book one though the dates don't work. We are booked on a western and the only port that interests me is Grand Cayman. I'd also prefer the extra sea day on the Eastern.

6. disneywonderfun

disneywonderfun DIS Veteran

Just for an opposing opinion from the previous two, we prefer having only two sea days (I would rather be at port with everybody off the ship than at sea with everybody on the ship). We prefer the Western stops. Nothing interests us about the Eastern run.

Point being, it just depends on what you like. I think the Western run is a little more hopping while the Eastern is a bit more subdued (at least for us). Perhaps that extra sea day has something to do with it.

I do not think one is "better" than the other. They are just different.

DWF