Eastern cruise in Dec./ Rough seas?

quidam

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are thinking about doing the Eastern cruise this December, but I am concerned about the first two days at sea. We cruised twice on the Wonder and I have had a hard time the first night, even with the Bonamine. But as soon as we stopped in Nassau I was okay for the rest of the cruise. So my question is from your experience would it take me three days to feel good (that is until we stop in St-Maarten)? If so, I'd rather go on a 4-day cruise again, or try the Western cruise.

Thanks for your help!

I've sailed often in December and have never encountered overly rough seas. That's not to say that you won't, but I don't think that the seas would necessarily be any higher due to the time of year.

The first night on cruises out of Florida's Atlantic coast is always the roughest, because you cross the Gulf Stream. Once past that, things usually calm down. My guess would be that you'll be fine after the first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter