Eastern Caribbean excursions

Just thought I'd give this a bump for you. :)
Are you going to St Maarten or San Juan?

San Juan we're just going on our own. Were going to try for a day pass for the Marriott, but may skip that idea since we're going on a busy week and not sure they'll be available, and just hit the forts and old town.

We're going on a half day doubloon snorkeling in St Thomas.
My youngest is 6. Not sure what the ages were on that one.
I know last time it was hard to find stuff for the under 5 age range.

Paradise Point you could do in St Thomas, or a beach day?

We are doing Coral World in St. Thomas, and as I learned from another member of this board, you can use Coral World facilities all day after that and Coki Beach is near there, so we will probably go there and hang out. I have heard St. John beaches are amazing though but I don't want to risk being late getting back to ship and Disney excursion prices are ridiculous in my opinion for anything we would want to do on St. John.

San Juan we wanted to do the rainforest hike but I don't think our 4.5 year old could do it at her age. We also looked into day passes but from what I've read, all the beaches in San Juan are public so you don't really need a day pass at a resort. Maybe someone else can chime in on this because I would like to be able to use a pool too at a resort.

Thanks for the bump. Yes we stop at San Juan. My youngest will be 4 so we are very limited. I'm having the hardest time in San Juan.

I can tell you I called about 6 resorts this week in San Juan and no one would offer a day room or a day pass. :( Not sure if it's ever or just because of my peak-time date though.
You could rent a room the regular way, it wouldn't work for us since they all are only for 4 and we're a family of 5, and getting 2 rooms would just be way too much $$.

I can tell you I called about 6 resorts this week in San Juan and no one would offer a day room or a day pass. :( Not sure if it's ever or just because of my peak-time date though.
You could rent a room the regular way, it wouldn't work for us since they all are only for 4 and we're a family of 5, and getting 2 rooms would just be way too much $$.

I'm not needing a room... Just something to do while at port :)

Some of the resorts require you to pay for a room like you are staying there in order to use their facilities. Some people have said they do it for the night before that way the check-in isn't 4pm like usual on the day they are in port. I looked into the Ritz-Carlton and it was $449 a night!! :scared1: Definitely not worth it just to use their facilities for a day in port.

Some of the resorts require you to pay for a room like you are staying there in order to use their facilities. Some people have said they do it for the night before that way the check-in isn't 4pm like usual on the day they are in port. I looked into the Ritz-Carlton and it was $449 a night!! :scared1: Definitely not worth it just to use their facilities for a day in port.

Thanks. Yes, that is definately expensive just to use facilities.

Sorry lizzy, I should have quoted ML_LovesDisney. Was just adding on to what they were saying about day passes.

For a 4 yr old I would think the forts would be great! I was reading about San Cristobal the other day and they have that new children's center there that is supposed to have hands on things to do for them. :thumbsup2 Think that's where we're headed.
Maybe check and see where the free trolley goes and if there's anything else that interests you around town.

We are going to do Coral World/Coki beach on our own in St. Thomas with our 1 and 3 year old. In San Juan I am just taking my 3 year old on the rainforest hike. It will be a nice walk with lots of things to look at.

I just found a website called CaribbeanDayPass.com and they offered a day pass for San Juan Marriott for $65 per adult and $50 per child. It states on there if the resort has no availability the day you are there (which they won't know until the day you are there due to amount of hotel guests,etc), they will get you to another resort or give you a full refund. I think I'm going to try that out for San Juan.

I just found a website called CaribbeanDayPass.com and they offered a day pass for San Juan Marriott for $65 per adult and $50 per child. It states on there if the resort has no availability the day you are there (which they won't know until the day you are there due to amount of hotel guests,etc), they will get you to another resort or give you a full refund. I think I'm going to try that out for San Juan.

Let us know how it works out!! :thumbsup2 I came across that as well, but was a little leery because I couldn't find any reviews on it at all and when I searched Dis and cruise critic couldn't find any posts about it. Does seem legit from their facebook page though. We did something similar for Cozumel on our last cruise, purchased from a third-party and it worked out great.

Let us know how it works out!! :thumbsup2 I came across that as well, but was a little leery because I couldn't find any reviews on it at all and when I searched Dis and cruise critic couldn't find any posts about it. Does seem legit from their facebook page though. We did something similar for Cozumel on our last cruise, purchased from a third-party and it worked out great.

I will definitely let you all know! I received my vouchers via email and paid via PayPal so if things aren't right PayPal helps you get your money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!