Easter week deals - who else is waiting?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by nicki.momof3, Oct 7, 2012.

1. nicki.momof3

nicki.momof3 Addicted to Disney Vacations

Easter week 2009 we went and got the 4/3 deal. Originally it was a blacked out week but 30 days out they opened the window and they applied a credit to my card.

Easter week 2010 we went and again the week was blacked out until about 30 days out. At that point I called and got a 30% room discount applied to my room.

Easter 2011 and 2012 we did not go Easter week (switched to Christmas week - got free dining). So not sure about deals opening up late.

Easter week 2013 We are already book 3/27-4/5. I know right now it is blacked out but I am really hoping it opens up at the last minute.

Fingers are crossed. Whose with me?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

I am. I can help with 2012 and say it was blacked out except for AAA discount, which is what I got. Cost set aside, it was an awesome time to be in disney. Crowds were not typical easter crowds - no parks closed due to full capacity. Weather was perfect. Resorts we stayed at had lots of availability and we were upgraded at both (WL and BC).

4. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

We went Easter week 2008 and the only discount available was AAA. Still, it was better than nothing. Easter was in March that year and so there were a lot of spring breakers. I wonder if the discounts are more likely if Easter is in April?

5. nicki.momof3

Here hoping for Easter week deals. I love disney Easter week. We are going no matter what. How much we spend on "extras" will depend on if we get a discount or not.

6. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

We are going 3/21-3/31, the week before Easter. I am hoping for some type of discount...we could not even get a AAA rate past the 24th. I assumed the week before Easter was blacked out for AAA, but I only checked POP and POR, maybe I should have pursued it further. Did anyone get AAA for the week before Easter, for 2013?

7. DonaldDuckFamily

DonaldDuckFamily Mouseketeer

I'm hoping for a discount on my dates 3/21 - 3/30 pixiedust:.

Last year we got Free Dining because our arrive date fell on the last day of the discount. It was applied for our entire stay which was nice.

8. Santa

Santa DIS Veteran

I too would like to see a discount at the values for the week of easter. Our date are 3/30 - 4/6. I am seriously considering off site (VRBO) since we will be driving anyway. PM me if you have suggestions. :wave2:

9. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

Count me in! We definetly want to get back to Wdw in 2013 an 3/20-3/28 is one of our poissible trip itineraries. I am hoping for FD and that my arrival date will fall before a blackout period.

10. suedaisy

suedaisy Mouseketeer

We want to go March 20/21- March 27th. I was hoping for Thursday, March 21 to be Free Dining and for it to extend to the whole trip. I was disappointed that recent discounts are only until March 7th. I have rented points from DVC owners in the past and will consider that option. Even though I am a Disney Visa Cardholder, I figured that I will wait to play around on the deals tomorrow before renting points or changing dates.

I know that we are not "suppose" to expect discounts and then just be happy when we get one... I am not this way. I will just find a lower cost solution or cancel plans.

11. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

Nope...we were told the same thing. The week before and after Easter are blacked out for AAA discounts.

12. pskorf

pskorf Mouseketeer

We are planning a trip the week before Easter as that is my daughter's Spring Break and about the only time we can plan a trip. Hubby's job does not allow him to take vacation week before and week of major holidays (he works for a beer distributor). So we are very limited on times when it works for everyone's schedule. Really hoping for a discount for that week!

13. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

I just got AAA discount for Easter week and since rack rates are so high, the discount saved me a fair amount. I booked beach club. The CM seemed very knowledgable so I asked him about AP discounts. His comment was to look for my dates to be included in an AP discount because all resorts are showing availability and Disney will want to fill some rooms. That's the same logic I have but last Easter our resorts were dead too and Disney never released a discount so I'm not getting too excited.....

14. Santa

Santa DIS Veteran

Maybe with any luck Disney learned a lesson last Easter & will release discounts for 2013 if the bookings are low. pixiedust:

15. nicki.momof3

Bumping the Easter thread!

Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone hear anything yet?????

16. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

Check out magical vacations site! They just added an Easter deal! Don't know any specifics/rates yet, but at least it's a deal!

17. Rosanne

Rosanne DIS Veteran

I most definitely am wishing/looking for a discount. We are aiming for March 23-28, give or take a day. We will take value/moderate or S/D if there is a decent discount. If not, we will just wait until August. I'm getting all Disney antsy though so I wish they'd have a discount or send me a pin.

Still, if they don't discount I will save at least $2000 and there is something to be said for that. Unless I become unemployed we are definitely planning something in August. I will just have to learn patience.

18. nicki.momof3

what is there web address

19. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

Do you have a link? I'm not familiar with that site.

20. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

It's just magical vacations travel dot com.

21. kcandbella

kcandbella DIS Veteran

The Easter deal at magical vacations is March 24-April 6!