Easter Sunday - Morning Services

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MDTerp, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been asked before...what, if any, Christian/Catholic services are available on board the Dream on Easter morning?

I was thinking a sunrise service, on an open deck, before we dock in Nassau could be an amazing thing...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

They do make an effort to arrange clergy on major holidays like Easter & Christmas. They make space available for the service but I believe it will be an interior space.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I don't know what they'll do--normally they don't do services on Sunday when the ship is disembarking that day. I think the logic is that people boarding can do services before they come to the terminal and people getting off can catch a service later in the morning if they choose. On the Magic, which sails on Saturday, they will have Roman Catholic and non-denominational services.

5. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

This year, the cruise over Easter sails on Thursday and disembarks on Tuesday - its a 5-night double-dip.

6. Sarabi's Cubs

Sarabi's Cubs DIS Veteran

Stumbled across this and thought I'd comment for future reference. There were both a sunrise nondenominational service and a Catholic mass on the Dream on Easter Sunday. There were also Catholic services on at least Friday and Saturday. I think it just depends on whether there are any ministers/priests on board. A cast member told me that they do try to have a priest on board for the crew to attend services, because many are Catholic, but Easter is obviously a difficult time for a minister/priest to be away. The priest on our cruise was some sort of Vatican ambassador and so did not have a parish.

Laurie

7. Gigi22

Gigi22 DIS Veteran

Nassau is a highly religious city. If you are up for it, you could Google religious services near the port area and attend a church of your choice on land.

8. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

Laurie - you are correct - the priest this past Easter was originally from South Africa and was assigned to the United Nations. It was neat to have Easter Sunday mass in the Walt Disney Theater. I would have liked to have made the nondenominational service on deck, but i just couldn't get up quite that early.