Easter - Newbie - Help

irish dancer

DIS Veteran
DD15 will be competing at a cheer competition as US/IOA the weekend after Easter (4/5-7). We are planning a family trip down for it, our first to the Darkside. I know that it will be crazy busy with it being the week after Easter but with the competition coinciding with their break from school we thought we'd give it a try.

We'll arrive Tues 4/2 through Sun 4/7, competition is Sat/Sun. We are staying at AKV since we have points avail and a car since we'll drive down. I cannot justify $300+/night for on-site when our DVC is available. I've priced out tix on both UT and Costco, we'll probably go with the UT 4 day/4 park option.

A few ??

When will park hours be available?

We will not have EP, if we plan to be there 30-45min before park opening for off-site guests, take a mid-day break and return in the evening will we manage to fit in most of the main attractions in 2 full days and 2 partial days (cheer comp)?

Is the Power Pass available to non-Florida residents? Would Easter week be a black out date?

Think that's all for now. Feel free to share any other tips/advice for us newbies!

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter