Easiest Way to Get to Cape May

3Rouselings

Counting down to our third trip May 2015!
I am planning on breakfast at Cape May on our Epcot day. Just wondering how we get there? We will be taking Disney transportation from our resort to Epcot, if we get there before the gates ar eopen for the park how can we make our way to Cape May OR should I plan our reservation after the park is opened?

You can take a taxi. That way you will be dropped off right at the Beach Club.

If you want a pre-RD ADR at CM and don't want to take a taxi then you'll need to take the bus to DHS and then either walk or hop on the boat to BC. You can't go through Epcot until the gates open.

I really wish I knew what the park hours were going to be for next May it would make doing my ADRs so much easier. If we went the route of going to HWS is it easy to find the boat? I'm still so new to all of this?!

If you face the main gate of DHS from the bus stop area, the boat dock will be to the far right. Walk toward the gates, then hang a right before you reach the entrance plaza. It should be obvious that the boat dock is there.

If you take a bus to Epcot, and the bus drops you at Epcot's main gate area (this is true of all resorts except Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk and the Swan/Dolphin), you cannot access the Epcot resort area without walking through the park. You will not be allowed to walk through the park until the official opening time. This is why you need to go to DHS, because you do not need to enter the park to get to the Epcot resorts from there.

The boat ride will take 15-20 minutes and that does not count the amount of time you might spend waiting for the boat to arrive.

I really wish I knew what the park hours were going to be for next May it would make doing my ADRs so much easier. If we went the route of going to HWS is it easy to find the boat? I'm still so new to all of this?!

If you decide to go this way, make sure you give your family at least an hour for travel time. You will first have to take a bus to DHS then a boat to the Beach Club. For say an 8 am ADR at Cape May you need to be at your resort's bus stop no later than 7am. A bit earlier would be better. You will probably have to wait for the bus to DHS a bit (unless you are very lucky) then once at DHS you will have to wait for a boat.

We walked last February from DHS to yacht club. It was a really nice walk with lots to look at! I recommend it if you like to walk!!

We usually do Cape May on a DHS day and take the boat. It is easy to do - but a bit time consuming....REsort to DHS....To boat - boat ride is likely only 10 - 15 minutes but if you have to wait 10 minutes for a boat is the issue - same as with bus.

This is how I would do it.

Where are you staying? If you're near the MK, go there and take a bus to the BC. When you're done with b/fast, walk to Epcot through the Intl Gateway. (You enter near France.)

No need to make this complicated...A Disney bus will take you directly to the Beach Club!

I had this same question one year and I asked at the front desk of my hotel what was the best way to get to a 7:30 breakfast at Cape May. I was told that I should get on the bus to DHS at 7 when the busses started running and tell the driver I needed to get to Cape May. Sure enough, the next morning the bus driver took me and another family to the Beach Club after dropping off at DHS.

Later in the week I was on a bus to the MK and once we arrived there, a family stayed on board to be dropped off at CR for their Chef Mickey reservation.

If you decide to go this way, make sure you give your family at least an hour for travel time. You will first have to take a bus to DHS then a boat to the Beach Club. For say an 8 am ADR at Cape May you need to be at your resort's bus stop no later than 7am. A bit earlier would be better. You will probably have to wait for the bus to DHS a bit (unless you are very lucky) then once at DHS you will have to wait for a boat.

We stayed at YC and were sometimes unlucky with DS's boat's. I think an hour is about right. I would take a cab from your hotel to BC, it's much easier and much less time.

After breakfast at CM, then you can walk to EPCOT. It takes 5-6 min to reach the IG from BC and it a nice walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter