• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easiest way to get a rental car from PC?

sbelyo

Mouseketeer
Hello all...

I just booked a cruise for Feb 3.... I was wondering what's the easiest way to get a rental car after the ship comes back into port? I will be visiting my parents in Cape Coral instead of flying home. I will be using a towncar service to go from MCO to AKL to PC so after PC I'm not certain what to do to get a rental.

Just thought I would let you know that I booked a car today for a one way trip from PC to MCO (Orlando airport).

I checked with Budget first, and they quoted me $108 for the 9 HOURS that I will need the car. I told them no thank you and called Avis -- I got the car for 45.60 including taxes.

Avis has a continuous shuttle (I will bring their phone number with me just in case) that will pick us up from the port and take us to the car rental agency.

National and another company are also around the PC. I cannot believe Budget!!!! It's not like they don't have any competition down there!

Hope that helps!

It all depends on who is having the best rate for the date you want. Several times we have used both Avis and Budget and would book with whichever one had a better deal at the time.

The best place to start is their websites...

www.budget.com

www.avis.com

Go through the booking process as if you were making a ressie and see what kind of rates come up at each site for the date you need the car.

The location code for Cocoa Beach to use at the Avis webiste is P3F

The city name to use at the Budget site is cocoa beach.

Then checkout www.mousesavers.com for some great info on how to get a good deal on a rental. There are also some discount codes that you can use at the website to get better prices.

Good luck.

MJ

I'm shocked at that quote from Budget! We have used them a few times and have only paid around $33. Their shuttle service has been great for us, although I've read posts from others who found it slow.
Barb

Im going on the Wonder the same time. We have a full size Budget rental (one day each time... to the port then from the port) for about $45

What type of vehicle are you looking at? Are you using any of the discount codes?

I did not go with Avis because they were more expensive, and when I used Budget last year, it was fast and easy.

When you get off the ship, the shuttles are weaiting for you. The Budget one was almost empty, but there was a large line for the Avis one.

I wasn't aware that budget and avis ran shuttles from the port. I called avis and they said that they just run a continuous shuttle back and forth from the office to the ship until everyone is taken care of.

I'll most likely get a towncar service from mco to akl, then from akl to pc. has anyone used that FLtours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter