Easier to add or delete?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by samacita, Mar 6, 2013.

1. samacita

samacita Mouseketeer

We will probably book our resort reservation before flights are released, but we have very specific flight times in mind and not sure if we'll get them or not. If we don't get want we're hoping for, our travel dates will change (late evening vs early morning next day).

My question is: should we make the reservation with the night before date, hoping we'll get that flight? I've been told it's easy to change a reservation (we should be well ahead of the deadline to make changes), but is it any easier to add a day versus delete a day? Does it matter?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

I would think taking a day off would be easier, in case your resort books up.

4. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

What she said. ^^^^^^^

5. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Reserving what you think you may need and then deleting, if necessary, is best as that way you will be assured of your resort and room type.

6. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

It's definitely easier to delete. Your resort or discount could sell out which wouldn't let you add a night at the same place.
    Unless, of course, you're within your 45 day mark for a package, at which point they may charge you the $50 change fee.