Earthquake last week, tornadoes this week, what's going to happen next week?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by browneyes, May 6, 2003.

1. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

I swear! Someone has made Mother Nature very angry.:eek: We had an earthquake one morning last week. About 2 hours ago, we had to be evacuated to a safer building here at work because of possible tornadoes in the area (I haven't heard of any confirmed, but I've heard about 3 small ones possibly that happend, but you know how rumors are:eek:. A restaurant got struck with lightning too). I wonder what kind of natural disaster Mother Nature has in store for us in the NW Georgia area next week?:eek:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tc

tc <font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co

A blizzard. Definately a blizzard!

4. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

That's what I've been telling everyone, Kelli.:teeth: I told them to expect no less than 6 feet of snow.;)

5. AirForceRocks

AirForceRocks DYRTCWTM?

6. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

LOL, AFR. Wouldn't I have to be near water for a tsunami?:p My kids might think that would be cool though. They love the movie Johnny Tsunami.:teeth:

7. Rajah

Rajah <font color=red><b>WPASADI II Co-Winner</b><br><fo

Flood or fire, one of the two.

8. CourtasanSatine

CourtasanSatine <font color=blue>I'm partial to the 4th seaters<br

9. flrose

flrose <font color="green">Ya Ya Sister!!<br><font color=

Oh browneyes, please don't ask that question. :eek:
    I'm afraid of what may be next. LOL
    Told my DH the other night one more weather "event" and I'm definitely moving back to Fl as fast as I can pack.

10. catsrule

catsrule Mary Jo

Dozens of kitties are gonna wind up on your doorstep.:teeth:

11. LuvN~Travel

LuvN~Travel <font color=blue>A DMV employee noticed that I los

Tell me about it. On both of the last two Fridays, my parents were traveling I-65 to B'ham, during the tornado warnings, once with my son, and once with me. (visiting my daughter in the hospital). Those clouds last Friday looked very much like those pictured on the news the past two days. Yuck! I had my eyes peeled all the way through Alabaster up to B'ham last Friday. I DON'T like tornado warnings.....
    :(
    Kim

12. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

My neighbor's cat has been out here a lot recently.:eek: I hope she doesn't drop another litter out here.:eek:

13. NHAnn

NHAnn <font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=orang

Lots of scary "natural" happenings lately all over the place.......not to mention sad ones like the "Old Man of the Mountain" crumbling in NH over the weekend :( Brush fire season is starting too..........and spring allergy sufferers here in New England seem so much worse this year, its kind of freaking me out with the SARS stuff...................I don't know...maybe I'm just getting paranoid :eek:
    Everyone take care and be safe!! :)

14. Princess_Aurora

Princess_Aurora <font color=green>President of the Clueless Club..

I guess you'll just have to apoligize to Mother Nature for whatever you did to make her mad. :) Maybe try planting some pretty flowers in your back yard as an offering and she'll be nice to you ;)

Remember that movie Volcano? Didn't they have a series a earthquakes before the volcano erupted in LA??? But that's fictional...surely that won't happen to YOU.

15. catsrule

catsrule Mary Jo

If they are grey, Simba says he is innocent!:teeth:

16. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

LOL! MJ, if she does have some kitties, I bet every single one of them will be gray.;)

Princess_Aurora, I've tried to apologize. Really, I have.:eek: I've got a flower bed in the back yard to help cheer up Mother Nature.:) But if she keeps throwing these tantrums, none of my flowers will pop up for her.:eek: I hope we don't have a volcanic eruption. Especially since we don't have any volanoes around here.:teeth:

Kim, be careful driving this Friday.:eek: I hope your dd is ok.

Ann, {{hugs}} I hope you keep safe too.:)

Flrose, I'll pack up and move with you if we have another disaster.;)

CourtasanSatine and Rajah, we are almost at flood levels now.:eek: And Rajah, the only fire I hope to ever worry about is lighting my hair on fire when I start the grill (I do that about everytime I light the grill:eek: ).

17. lynetteSC

lynetteSC <font color=red>Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?<br

LOL! My coworker and I were talking about this tonite. Her dh works in Atlanta every week. He called her last to tell her about the earthquake and then today that he had to evacuate his bldg today due to tornado warnings! Be careful what you ask Browneyes!

18. LuvN~Travel

LuvN~Travel <font color=blue>A DMV employee noticed that I los

Thanks Shannon. Luckily, Faith got out of the hospital Saturday. Now we just get to travel back and forth for doctor appointments. Now, if the weather will just stay clear.....:)
    Kim

19. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

Lynette, I spoke too soon. My kids are out of school today because of flooding in the area.:eek: Many schools are out today because of it.:eek:

Kim, I'm glad Faith is home.:) I hope she is doing well, good luck with the dr's appointments.:) I hope the weather stays clear for you too. I've heard the rain isn't supposed to let up until Sunday though.:(