Early seating availability ever change online?

mlayton14

DIS Veteran
Does the main seating time ever become available online after the website says only second seating available ? Every single category stateroom is available and cruise is still 8 months out in off season. It was available just a couple of days ago , and it's for 2 adults only. Have u seen dinner time availability change online from day to day?.many thanks in advance

Does the main seating time ever become available online after the website says only second seating available ? Every single category stateroom is available and cruise is still 8 months out in off season. It was available just a couple of days ago , and it's for 2 adults only. Have u seen dinner time availability change online from day to day?.many thanks in advance
Once the main (early) seating option has been removed, I've never seen it return. Although, I suppose it could. But you can call DCL and ask to be placed on the wait list for early seating. Since you are so far out, you stand a good chance of getting it.

There's no technical reason that it couldn't return. But as Princess Shmoo says, its highly unlikely as this is the most sought after seating on the Disney ships.

We are 10 1/2 months out and also were put in second dining. We just booked onboard last week. I'll ask our TA to go on the waitlist. If it does not come through, go to the designated area to change on embarkation day.

Thanks , how would you know if it comes through , will someone from DCL call or email you ?

I only was wait listed for main dining once, and it did not come through, but I was able to change on board embarkation day. However, I had only booked that cruise a month out.

Thanks , how would you know if it comes through , will someone from DCL call or email you ?
No, they don't notify you. One day while you are checking your reservation online (we all do it) you'll see the seating preference changed.

That's cool, however I would want to know before PIF Date so I could cancel w/o penalty, have 2 young kids in another stateroom w main seating and wouldn't want to have them eat at 830. we woulhave to switch party of 4 to late dining ti have us all eat together. Such first world problems we have eh?

To give hope to those waiting for main, I changed to second seating for 6 passengers to Alaska this August so opportunities do open up.

With our first Disney cruise, a few months after we booked the late seating, our son went from "infant who sleeps through everything" to "baby who shrieks if he doesn't have his bed". I was so upset that we couldn't change to first seating. I did ask to be wait listed, but nothing came of it.

Once on board, we headed straight to change the seating. They looked at a list and changed us right over. The family of three behind us was told no more early seating was available. I don't know if we really got the last table or if we had priority because we were already on the wait list or what the reason was. But I was so glad.

cant you also just change the rotation time when you get onboard, like you can change the restaurants?
Each cruise we change a restaurant out that we do not want...and next week we are stuck on the late rotation and will
be asking to change to the early rotation..I think that if we don't get the early rotation we will just do a second palo dinner and
the third dinner will just be cabana's...thank gawd we know the front of house mgr that allows us to do a second palos every cruise
if we want.

cant you also just change the rotation time when you get onboard, like you can change the restaurants?
Each cruise we change a restaurant out that we do not want...and next week we are stuck on the late rotation and will
be asking to change to the early rotation..I think that if we don't get the early rotation we will just do a second palo dinner and
the third dinner will just be cabana's...thank gawd we know the front of house mgr that allows us to do a second palos every cruise
if we want.
Anyone can get additional Palo reservations once onboard, as long as there is availability.

Waiting until you board to change seating times (without asking to be placed on the wait list prior) is hit or miss. They can't just switch everyone who wants to change dining rooms/times/tables every night.

If you are able to do all that, they you've been quite blessed.

Also, be aware that Cabanas isn't open the first and last nights of a cruise for dinner.

I have seen main seating reappear on two cruises that I booked. Both times it was maybe a month or two weeks before PIF date. I guess they often have a fair number of people who cancel when the PIF date comes close and then main seating is available as well.

We've had to book 2nd seating in the past and once we were paid in full we were moved to first seating. I would make sure I had my request for first in. Good luck!

Anyone can get additional Palo reservations once onboard, as long as there is availability.

Waiting until you board to change seating times (without asking to be placed on the wait list prior) is hit or miss. They can't just switch everyone who wants to change dining rooms/times/tables every night.

If you are able to do all that, they you've been quite blessed.

Also, be aware that Cabanas isn't open the first and last nights of a cruise for dinner.
I want aware of that. Why do u think no buffet those nights... 1st and last?

I want aware of that. Why do u think no buffet those nights... 1st and last?
There's typically no buffet service the first and last nights of any cruise. If you're asking if I know the reason why there isn't - I don't know, I only know there isn't.

On our last cruise we had second seating but were waitlisted for main dining. About 3-4 months prior to our cruise, I checked our booking online and saw that we had been changed to main without DCL ever notifying us of the change. We were not the only family to have had this happen to us, as there were others in my cruise group who mentioned the change as well.

Good luck to you!!!

There's typically no buffet service the first and last nights of any cruise. If you're asking if I know the reason why there isn't - I don't know, I only know there isn't.
My guess is they want you to meet your waiters 1st night and last night to not forget to tip?

I just got off the Fantasy two days ago - we had been wait listed since July for main dining and did not get it before the cruise. I went down as soon as I got on board to try again and there was still no availability. They ended up calling my room around 4pm and told me they were able to switch us - so there is hope, even up to the last hour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter