Early or late breakfast at Tusker House and Crystal Palace?

MelBel75

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I'm wondering what is my best option: early breakfast to get some pictures of the parks without the crowd or late breakfast to catch rope drop?

Thanks for your help!

Tusker house definitely late breakfast, early entry here doesn't gain you much and the food is great so you want to be as hungry as possible. Crystal palace we have done both but probably prefer late breakfast as can eat more to make it more worthwhile and get a nice relax in and skip lunch and last until dinner time for next big meal, BOG early breakfast makes more sense to me (we are going to try that for the first time in our upcoming trip) as smaller meal and can eat fast enough to be out and about with RD crowd.

Done both and definitely prefer a late breakfast. Last time at Tusker I think we had a 10:45 and it allows you to get breakfast and lunch., best of both worlds. With a pre-park breakfast you try and rush so you are out early and it is just not relaxing to us.

We have done both and enjoyed both options. Had an 8:10 one morning for a 9:00 park opening, so we were able to get in and out of breakfast pretty quickly, even with the character visits and a second trip to the buffet, and then walk over to the Safari and be one of the first ones on the ride with no wait. We have also done something around 10:40 and taken advantage of the "brunch" effect -- i.e., early enough to catch the breakfast buffet, but late enough that by the time we finished our breakfast trip down the line, they had put the lunch options out so we were able to enjoy that, too.

At this point in the life of DAK, I'm not sure that early morning photos are a high benefit -- lots of construction walls, etc., are up. In a year or two, that may be a whole different story, but for now, I'd say early breakfast might simply get you to the back of the park earlier, while late breakfast has the "brunch" option. Just go with whichever sounds more appealing. My personal preference is to hit the park at rope drop, enjoy a couple of hours in the park and then take a break for a nice meal.

We had an early breakfast at Tusker House this summer and loved being able to walk through the empty park. We got to participate in a macaw training - it was just the birds, the trainers, and our family, which truly was awesome. So I would vote for the early breakfast.

Had a late breakfast at CP last week and it was great. Less chaotic. About halfway through, they did close one side of the buffet to switch it over to lunch but we had no problems. We didn't try to get any lunch food so not sure if you can get both or not at CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter