Early morning shuttle from Art of Animation

rt22

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any experience with the early morning shuttle from Art of Animation? One morning we have an 8:05 appointment at the BBB and another morning an 8:00 ADR at Akershus. The operator said we would need to take a special shuttle. Has anyone done this? Where is the pick up? How long is the travel time? How much time should I plan to get to my reservations on time?

The buses do run early. When we were there in Sept. we were on the bus by 7:30 and it was the 2nd bus to leave for MK that a.m. (we missed the first bus because we had to wait on MIL!). We were at MK when they opened the gates for early ADR's by 7:45 a.m.

Does anyone have any experience with the early morning shuttle from Art of Animation? One morning we have an 8:05 appointment at the BBB and another morning an 8:00 ADR at Akershus. The operator said we would need to take a special shuttle. Has anyone done this? Where is the pick up? How long is the travel time? How much time should I plan to get to my reservations on time?

Disney suggests 90 minutes to get from point A to B using their transportation. Usually that is more than enough time. An hour should be fine, unless you run into a problem. Remember you will have to wait for a bus, then get to the park and thru bag check and thru the turnstiles, and then hike back to where you are going. So at the very latest you should be at the bus stop by 7 am. The very latest.

If you want a bit of extra sleep, grab a taxi. You can get pretty much anywhere on Disney property for around $20 plus tip.

The "special shuttle" they talk about is actually a regular bus you take from your hotel departing from the regular bus stop (Epcot in your case). It starts running super early in order to get you to your breakfast reservation... When you get to your hotel, ask a concierge staff member and they will tell you what time to be at the bus stop!

We took one from ASMovies to MK and then the monorail to Poly for our breakfast at Ohana. It's super simple!

Something our concierge told me was to make sure you actually stand in the queue waiting for your bus - don't sit on the benches nearby. She said they have cameras that watch, especially early in the morning, for people waiting, and if you don't stand in the bus line, the camera won't see you and they won't know you're waiting, so they won't know to send a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter