Early Morning Magic at DHS Question on Time

lcborn2run

Mouseketeer
I understand it's from 7:45-10:00 (including Breakfast time). As such, if the park opens at 9:00, does your band get you fastpass access on TSM or ST since other guests are there at that point?

Thank you!

"Extra Magic Hour at DHS Question on Time"

NOT Extra Magic Hour.

This is Early Morning Magic, paid event.

You get the rides & characters to yourself until 9.

Then you share with regular guests.

At 9 most folks went to eat their breakfast.

We got in restaurant at about 8:55 and they were just finishing setting all up, seems no one eats until that point.

We loved it! Was perfect for us and a great meal [French Toast best ever and they said no one else makes it that way.]

After we ate lines for stuff like ToT were still short and we rode easily.

You're right...I'm an idiot! lol Rushing to leave work and typed the wrong thing. I meant Early Morning Magic!!! Thank you for the response!

I understand it's from 7:45-10:00 (including Breakfast time). As such, if the park opens at 9:00, does your band get you fastpass access on TSM or ST since other guests are there at that point?

Thank you!
Nope. No special access after 9am, though you have some time before the crowds really start appearing.
If you like TSMM and Star Tours (and stuffing yourself with that french toast*, fruit, eggs, pastries, and breakfast meats and coffee and juice,) it is worth every penny. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Our attack was to sign up for Jedi, then do whatever we wanted from list of attractions open, until about 9:30/9:40, and then head to the Commissary. Do not be late if you do it. That is very, very, precious time.

*YUMMMMMM

I am really happy to try this even on our upcoming trip. I am going to eat the cost in French toast alone it sounds like!

Nope. No special access after 9am, though you have some time before the crowds really start appearing.
If you like TSMM and Star Tours (and stuffing yourself with that french toast*, fruit, eggs, pastries, and breakfast meats and coffee and juice,) it is worth every penny. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Our attack was to sign up for Jedi, then do whatever we wanted from list of attractions open, until about 9:30/9:40, and then head to the Commissary. Do not be late if you do it. That is very, very, precious time.

*YUMMMMMM

So were you able to sign up for the Jedi academy then? We are planning for Hollywood Studios tomorrow and I cannot get an answer from anyone here whether you can sign up if you go in with the ticketed event

I am really happy to try this even on our upcoming trip. I am going to eat the cost in French toast alone it sounds like!

It's kinda like a doughnut covered in cinnamon sugar ..........

CyubBxhVQAAmThX.jpg

Last edited:

So were you able to sign up for the Jedi academy then? We are planning for Hollywood Studios tomorrow and I cannot get an answer from anyone here whether you can sign up if you go in with the ticketed event

As soon as we walked through bag check, we signed up for jta.

Really, REALLY hoping they open up some dates in 2017 for this! I did it in September and I LOVED it (even more than the MK EMM, which I also enjoyed!)

We did it last Saturday morning.
We signed up for JTA as soon as we got through the gates.
Did all the rides and characters we wanted.
At breakfast. For what it's worth, the french toast is the same thing, or dang near the same thing, as the stuff served at Sassagola's at FQ. Really good a bet it very, very sweety and sugary.
We timed our JTA to be right after we finished breakfast. And then had our FP starting right after JTA was done.

My complaint was the sign in and scan in process.
First, only 1 CM was taking names and giving out wrist bands. She was overwhelmed.
Then, only 1 turnstile to scan in with. They didn't open the turnstile till 7:45, it was after 8:00 by the time we got through the gates. Partly my fault as I was expecting the same process used at MK. At MK you scan through the turnstile and are then held in the tunnels still 7:45, when they let you go in. It didn't do us any good to get there really early. At HS it did as had we gotten there early we'd been at the front of the line at 7:45, instead of the back.

We did it last Saturday morning.
We signed up for JTA as soon as we got through the gates.
Did all the rides and characters we wanted.
At breakfast. For what it's worth, the french toast is the same thing, or dang near the same thing, as the stuff served at Sassagola's at FQ. Really good a bet it very, very sweety and sugary.
We timed our JTA to be right after we finished breakfast. And then had our FP starting right after JTA was done.

My complaint was the sign in and scan in process.
First, only 1 CM was taking names and giving out wrist bands. She was overwhelmed.
Then, only 1 turnstile to scan in with. They didn't open the turnstile till 7:45, it was after 8:00 by the time we got through the gates. Partly my fault as I was expecting the same process used at MK. At MK you scan through the turnstile and are then held in the tunnels still 7:45, when they let you go in. It didn't do us any good to get there really early. At HS it did as had we gotten there early we'd been at the front of the line at 7:45, instead of the back.
Thank you for your info! What arrival time do you think is good to aim for?

Thank you for your info! What arrival time do you think is good to aim for?

7:15 would be good.
The problem is that it is difficult to judge exactly how long it will actually take to get to any given spot at WDW.

The cardinal rule of arrival times at WDW is that
it is always better to arrive far to early, than to arrive one minute too late.

The problem is that it is difficult to judge exactly how long it will actually take to get to any given spot at WDW.

I agree. At MK we were fine to arrive right before 7:45. We'd tried the super early and we just got left waiting. No advantage gained being in the front of the line waiting at the rope. Hate doing that so early in the morning. So next time I timed it so we arrived the next time with just enough time to get through the gates before they opened the ropes and it was early enough. We didn't loose any touring time. At HS you need to be there earlier. I'd aim for being there at 7:15

I agree. At MK we were fine to arrive right before 7:45. We'd tried the super early and we just got left waiting. No advantage gained being in the front of the line waiting at the rope. Hate doing that so early in the morning. So next time I timed it so we arrived the next time with just enough time to get through the gates before they opened the ropes and it was early enough. We didn't loose any touring time. At HS you need to be there earlier. I'd aim for being there at 7:15
Great! Thank you! In that case- it's me, DH, DS11 and DS 9 months... would it be considered poor form to arrive at 7:15 but then me or DH take a little stroll with the baby to keep him occupied and then rejoin the others around 7:35?

Great! Thank you! In that case- it's me, DH, DS11 and DS 9 months... would it be considered poor form to arrive at 7:15 but then me or DH take a little stroll with the baby to keep him occupied and then rejoin the others around 7:35?
In this particular case no, the line is accessible so you won't have to walk past others to reach your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!