Early July Crowds question

ChipnDaleRule

DIS Veteran
Hi, We're waiting to book for early July 2017.We've been many different times of year but never this early in the summer.
Reading up on crowds, it's says the parks can be full of South American school kids (in excess of 50+)
Has anyone found this to be a problem or an issue ?
It's not the amount that concerns me just the reports of rudeness, queue jumping etc, and general thoughtlessness towards other guests.
Thoughts please

We've been at that time and although there were large tour groups in the parks it didn't affect our holiday. I've had friends who've stayed at the All Star resorts however who've said that the larger groups have been troublesome with noise on occasion.

BTGs (aka Brazilian Tour Groups) can be bothersome, like any other large group.

You will spot them from far away. If you hear a noisy mob, with 50+ people wearing the same T-shirt, there is a simple life saving tip : if they go right, go left, and you'll be fine and avoid standing in line forever

Four out of our 5 trips have been in July. The large groups can be a pest. We had one particularly unpleasant experience with a group who grabbed my husband's arm as they were filming and tried to stop him moving into the area. He let out such a roar that we could hear him from some distance away. We don't have too many options for months to visit so it is just something we put up with. The one year we went in August we did not miss the large groups.

I have to say we've only been once in July (around the 7th from memory) and the BTGs nearly ruined the holiday for us. This was pre fast pass plus but forget one lot of 50 kids and try 4 lots of over 50 15 year old girls shouting, pushing past you and generally taking over. In paper fastpass days this meant if you saw them near a ride you wanted, you'd leave it for the day and walk away. Hated it.

My 6 year old came up with the phrase after seeing Big Thunder Mountain dominated by groups with a real look of pain on her face, "oh no, we've been Brazilianed again"

I'll wait until she's older to explain why it brightened a rotten week.

We were there mid July last year. The tour groups were there and we saw a few things such as when an entire group went down the single rider line (at a few of the rides) and completely jammed them for everyone! Also at the water parks they would cordon off an entire area for the groups, who would just dump there bags and then go and sit in other areas of the park like on the edge of the tidal pool, meaning there were a lot less seats for other guests.

Also in DHS they were a lot more noticeable and noisier (perhaps because it's more compact) and it was uncomfortable walking down towards TT and RNRC, it wasn't the best. But these were only a few incidents across the holiday and it wouldn't put me off going again at that time. If you have any teenage boys then they will love the views ;) my nephew did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter