Early Entry and New Ticket Question

disneyfor3

Mouseketeer
We are visiting Disneyland for the first time next week. We arrive late on a Wednesday evening from the east coast. I have vouchers I purchased from getawaytoday travel. Can I exchange these for tickets Thursday morning and attend early entry or will the ticket booths still be closed? I have a feeling our 5 year old will still be on east coast time and will be ready to go very, very early.

I posted this exact same question when I was thinking of purchasing from getawaytoday with the vouchers and off season hours. The replies I got were that the ticket booth opens when the park opens but some hotels will let you exchange your vouchers for tickets in the front lobby. Maybe call your hotel and see if they are one of them?? In the end I ended up purchasing from disneyland.com for actual tickets so I have not tried this.

I called DL and was told (eventually - it took them a while to figure it out) that EE and exchanging ticket vouchers would not work on the same day. This was in November, but it's probably still the same.

The ticket counter opened exactly one hour before the park opened to the public, or exactly when EE started. Also it's crowded. So you would be spending half of your EE time exchanging tickets. I'd do it another day if you can.

Do you get actual tickets from Disneyland.com? I thought they were vouchers too.

laura&fam said:
I called DL and was told (eventually - it took them a while to figure it out) that EE and exchanging ticket vouchers would not work on the same day. This was in November, but it's probably still the same.

The ticket counter opened exactly one hour before the park opened to the public, or exactly when EE started. Also it's crowded. So you would be spending half of your EE time exchanging tickets. I'd do it another day if you can.

Do you get actual tickets from Disneyland.com? I thought they were vouchers too.

Disneyland.com mails you actual park hopper tickets they are not vouchers I was able to go straight into the park with them everytime I bought them. The other reason I bought from disneyland.com is they didn't charge shipping.

So how late is the ticket booth open? Would they be able to exchange the vouchers for tickets the evening of arrival (for the next day's EE?) Not ideal after a long flight, but possibly worth it...

Alex2kMommy said:
So how late is the ticket booth open? Would they be able to exchange the vouchers for tickets the evening of arrival (for the next day's EE?) Not ideal after a long flight, but possibly worth it...

I would like to know this too. :)

When we went one booth was open until the park closed. I would call DL customer service if I were you to verify though since hours probably change by season.

We went the night before we wanted to enter the park and redeemed our vouchers. There was no line, we just walked right up. It was great! I would bet there would be a line in the morning. They also said that you can redeem multiple vouchers. So if you have a couple of adults in your group send one of them with all the vouchers and let the kids rest or swim at the hotel.

We were just there from February 19th to 24th and had to pickup our hoppers early on the 20th as we arrived late on the 19th. Disney shows "will call" for ticket pickup as the left most booth near California Adventure. While this is true, you can also pickup tickets at the Guest Services booth to the left of the Disneyland entrance as the regular booth tells you to do if that booth is closed. On the morning of the 20th, DL opened at 8 am for regular and 7 am for early entry. I was able to pickup our tix at the Guest Services booth at 6:50 am. I'm not sure if it opens that early every day as the 20th was a holiday.

One other item to note - not many food places stay open late at Downtown Disney or the onsite hotels, so if you arrive after 10 pm, you may want to grab food on the way to Disneyland. Onsite at that hour, the Lost bar at DL hotel and White Water snacks at GC hotel are the only choices unless House of Blues in Downtown Disney has a concert that night and has stayed open later.

Enjoy your visit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter