Early Check in

ChrisnKim913

DIS Veteran
We will be at POP Century by 7am...i was told it was ok to check in then, we just won't have an actual room yet and we can go to the park that has the EMH (Animal Kingdom). Has anyone done this and can confirm this?

Welcome to the DIS. Your room may be ready but if it isn't you can still check in and get your resort ID. Then you can head off to the park.

:welcome: to the DIS! :hyper2: Join the party! party:

:cheer2: Yes, you can check in. They'll store your luggage (and grocery bags, if you have them) and give you your room keys. You just can't use the keys until the room is ready.

They'll give you a little business card with the number to call to see if your room is ready, too! :)

I have done this lots of times and only once did they give me grief about it. And it wasn't the front desk people, it was the valet guy. Didn't want to take the luggage out. I asked for someone else, and he decided he did want to take the luggage. :smooth:

Have a great trip!

Part of the reason you probably won't be able to use your room keys that early is you won't be told your room number. When you call the number on the card, the CM will tell you your room if it's ready and you'll be able to head directly there, do not pass Go.

I just want to make sure i can take advantage of the A.M. EMH at AK....we just want to ride Everest b/c we haven't yet and then head to the MK for the day

that sounds like a great plan.....we're totally the opposite, we wont be arriving until around 7PM!!!! but our holiday is 14 days and thats the extra day travelling at the beginning....at least its not an extra day travelling at the end, and means we get a whole day onsite before we leave (and more chance we'll sleep on the plane on the way home)

I hope you have a fabby trip and enjoy your ride on EE!!!

Welcome to Dis!!

Just echoing what the others have said...a room may be ready for you, but if it's not, they'll stil check you in and give you the resort ID and you can go off and have fun while they hang on to your luggage. We did that a few years ago...we arrived several hours before checkin time, and our room wasn't ready...so they gave us our resort ID and held our luggage and we went off to play until the room was ready.

We just did this in May, however we arrived too early - 6am - to get our tickets. We were told that if you have passes keyed on your room key, they can not do that until 7am. This was at POFQ.

I have arrived at ASMo at about 8 am and was able to check in but the room was ready so we just left everything in the car and jumped on a bus and headed to the parks. I called the number from a courtsey phone ( check in had lines) and was able to head to my room right away. We will be arriving the same time again next month and I plan on doing the same thing..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter