Earl of Sandwich question

tink645

Mouseketeer
What exactly do you get with Earl of Sandwhich for the free dining plan? Is it just a sandwich, drink and dessert or do you get chips with it?

Yes. Just visited in DTD on Friday. The sandwich is delicious (got the Italian). The portions are much smaller than the "Disney" CS's. The drink is a more modest size and the dessert is limited to the smaller choices. A little dissappointing but the quality of the sandwich is what you pay for.

What exactly do you get with Earl of Sandwhich for the free dining plan? Is it just a sandwich, drink and dessert or do you get chips with it?

Seems like we got a sandwich or wrap, chips, med drink and cookie. I think they have a sign telling you which desert you can get on the DDP. The food here is amazing by the way!

You get sandwich/salad AND/OR chips or a cookie/brownie. You do not get both chips & a cookie. The brownies are excellent & more than worth the snack credit though!

I admit that it has been almost two years since we were at Earl of Sandwich on DDP, but we did get sandwich, chips, drink and dessert. It was not free dining for us. I don't know if that matters. Or, it may have just changed.

It is a sandwich or wrap, a drink, and a dessert or chips. You can use a snack credit to get a dessert or chips if you need both. Which my DS13 did every time he ate there! :lmao:

Sandwiches are good though I was sorry to see some of my favorites gone (remember the ham with brie and the chicken with spinach florentine???) :confused3

It is a nice change for a CS meal though and great location right next to WPE when everyone can't agree on what they want ;) My DS13 also was able to get the sandwiches are breakfast time when we were eating at WPE (BEST CS breakfast ever!!).

We ate there in August and could get a sandwich, drink, and dessert or chips on the dining plan.

However, the nice part was that they told us the kids didn't have to order from the kids menu. So, the kids didn't have to pick from the limited kids menu and were very happy with that!

When we were just there someone greeted us when we went in and told us we could each get a sandwich and one side item (and drink)...either a dessert or salad or chips. I got a sandwich and potato salad, husband got a sandwich and small parfait for his dessert. I think it was any side under like $2 or $2.50. They had larger parfaits that were in the $3-$4 range that couldn't be used with the DP. Hope that helps. The sandwiches were SO good though!

I left there disappointed. Sure the sandwich was good, but there wasn't enough food overall. We were told to pick only 1 side item, so we grabbed a parfait and later told, "Not that one...the smaller size". And they meant smaller! We had breakfast that day at WPE...not THAT"S a CS not to be missed. By far my fave of the trip. Go there instead.

I left there disappointed. Sure the sandwich was good, but there wasn't enough food overall. We were told to pick only 1 side item, so we grabbed a parfait and later told, "Not that one...the smaller size". And they meant smaller! .

This is exactly our sentiment. Although, the sandwich was awesome. We got it to go and took it back to CBR -- it was late - about 11pm. All 3 of us devoured that sandwich.

The overall experience was not in the Disney spirit however.

IMO, Earl of Sandwich isn't worth using a DDP CS credit...not because the food is lacking, but because it is so inexpensive. Also, since the Earl of Sandwich is not Disney-owned they set thir own rules as far as the DDP. You get far less food for your credit than you do at the other CS locations.

We never miss a visit to EoS on our WDW trips, but I would suggest paying OOP for a meal there and saving your CS credits for other locations.

Have the sandwiches gotten smaller or something. Last time we ate there was 06 and I got the tuna melt and thought it was a good size.

I cannot wait to eat at Earl of Sandwich again!! This time, we'll be on Free Dining. Our 1st time on the DDP! We were there last year without the DDP. Paid for everything OOP. The sandwiches at Earl are FABULOUS!! :woohoo::yay:

It's delicious there.
Although not the best bang for your dollar on the dining plan, it is convenient.
When we leave town, if we have extra credits, I will go over and get a few sandwiches for the road.

IMO, Earl of Sandwich isn't worth using a DDP CS credit...not because the food is lacking, but because it is so inexpensive. Also, since the Earl of Sandwich is not Disney-owned they set thir own rules as far as the DDP. You get far less food for your credit than you do at the other CS locations.

We never miss a visit to EoS on our WDW trips, but I would suggest paying OOP for a meal there and saving your CS credits for other locations.

I agree 100%. "The Earl' is not worth spending a DDP credit on , since its price is to low. For the dining plan it is about getting the most for your credits.

Dave pirate:

Earl's is awesome! We ate there 2x this vacation. Maybe not best bang for the buck but better tasting than many of the choices at the parks for cs. We will continue to use our CS credits there since how much food can you really eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter