e-pass toll in a rental car

My BIL was telling me they were going to come out with a prepaid sticker for your windshield in Florida. It is going to be something you can buy at someplace like Walgreens. I do not know if it is available yet or how it will work. Maybe someone here knows more about it. I was going to ask about it in the airport gift shops when we arrived.

The sticker is actually a mini-transponder but it has to be unpeeled and stuck to the windshield. If you come to Florida regularly in your own car then this is a great option; keep a balance on the account and drive through Florida toll plazas without stopping. But this is not a practical option for those that fly here and use rental cars. For that you'd need the regular SunPass transponder which you can carry with you and keep it on the dash of your rental car. The regular one emits a tone when you go through a toll. OOCEA's E-PASS unit emits a tone and lights up. For full details, visit:

www.sunpass.com for Sunpass
www.expresswayauthority.com for E-PASS

BobK/Orlando

I can tell you what happens if you don't- absolutely nothing. I've never ever called to change the car on record and I've had the sunpass for several years and multiple trips to WDW. It's very convenient and I love flying past the cash toll booths when others have to stop. :cool1:

If a transponder malfunctions for whatever reason, but the car is registered with a Sunpass, then the toll will simply be deducted from your Sunpass account. If the license plate is not on file, enjoy the $100 fine. That is why one should always keep their vehicle information up to date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!