E Caribbean excursions with little ones

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tsaucedo, Sep 30, 2013.

1. tsaucedo

tsaucedo Earning My Ears

What's the best excursions to take with little ones from 1-3 years old? Is it worth it to pay the extra $ and book an excursion or are you better off to take taxis? If you take a taxi, are the kids required to be in car seats? Someone said they rented a jeep and explored on his own. Is it pretty easy to rent a car once you get to the ports? And again do the kids need to be in car seats?

2. 1BabyForBec

1BabyForBec Mouseketeer

Yes, young children need to be properly secured into their car seat anytime they are in a car!

Because we don't want to have to deal with the car seat on the islands, we chose excursions that we can walk to. We are doing Lord Sheffield's Tall Ship Pirate excursion on St. Maarten and I'm hoping the Sky Ride to Paradise Point will be reopened on St. Thomas. We take our car seat on the airplane for our 3 year old's safety and so that she can easily sleep on the flight. We will store her car seat in the closet in our stateroom. Here is a thread about traveling with a car seat.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3168895&highlight=car+seat

3. amyh13

amyh13 Mouseketeer

I have cruised with a 2 year old and a 3 year old twice and never taken a car seat. Most of the excursions we went on were in tour buses and only have lap belts (at the most) anyway. No one else was using car seats either.

We used a minivan cab in St. Thomas and I just buckled her in.

4. tsaucedo

tsaucedo Earning My Ears

Thank you for your ideas!