DXDP Question

cab333

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks,

I hope that this question makes sense!

We are considering going for the deluxe dining plan, we qualify for free dining with the bounceback offer we booked...so figured why not pay the difference and upgrade for our mini vacation!

Now, as I understand the deluxe plan...we will get six credits daily. Lunch and dinner meals to include an appetizer and a dessert. My question is, do the credits break out in terms of "appetizer" "entree" and "dessert"? I ask this as I have been reading people's dining reviews and note that at times in the day people split their appetizer...so I am wondering if that means that in turn they "lose" that other appetizer or if it is banked to use at another time?

I hope this makes sense! TIA!

The credits are NOT broken out into categories. They are charged as a "meal" only. So, if two people ordered only 1 appetizer, the other appetizer would "disappear".

If I understand your question correctly than "no" the credits don't break out per meal course, they are per meal. So if you have six credits total, each meal would be 1 credit or 2 if you dine at a signature meal. If you don't have an appetizer or dessert at a meal it's at your loss, no way to recover that "course" at another meal.

At some restaurants, some appetizers are listed "for two" - and it's typically a huge serving (more like what some restaurants would say serves 3 or 4 people) so if you're on a dining plan you can only order the "for two" appetizer if 2 people are on the dining plan and agree to count that as both appetizers.

So probably the reviews you see where people are splitting an appetizers, either they are paying OOP for it (not on a deluxe dining plan) or they have ordered a "for two" appetizer.

I know for sure Raglan Road & Mama Melrose both have appetizers on their menu "for two."

You receive 3 "meal credits" and 2 snack credits per person, per night. A meal credit may be used for either a counter service (CS) or table service (TS) meal. Some table service meals require 2 credits.

The meal credits are complete meals, not parts that can be "broken up".

A CS meal is: 1 non-alcoholic beverage, 1 dessert, and either 1 entree or 1 "combo" (at breakfast, juice substitutes for the dessert).

A TS meal (1 or 2 credits) is: 1 buffet/all-you-can-eat meal or 1 non-alcoholic beverage, 1 appetizer, 1 dessert, and 1 entree

You do not have to order all components of the meal (you could elect to skip dessert, for example), but you would not be able to get it later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter