DxDP Appetizer question

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Duckiedee, May 15, 2010.

1. Duckiedee

Duckiedee Mouseketeer

I have noticed on several of the menus there are "Appetizers" and "Soup/Salad" as two separate selections.... Can I order a soup or salad AS an appetizer? I'm a salad-kind-of-girl... so I'm hoping so...

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

It all depends on your server really. I've been given the choice of a salad and been told flat out it was NOT allowed so it really depends on your server. I would just ask if I didn't care for any of the apps.

4. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper When you come to a Fork in The Road, take it.

1) As mentioned, it is up to the server and the eatery.
    2) In most cases, the answer is no.
    . . . many appy's can be pre-made or bought ready-to-serve
    . . . salads must be made and cannot be stored
    . . . it requires more manpower for salads than most appy's
    . . . restaurant managers must still maintain their profit level

5. MrsLS

MrsLS DIS Veteran

Every restaurant I've been to including signatures and I've been to a lot, the salads and soups are also considered apps. You can't get the say chicken caesar salad because that would be an entree or something like that.

6. Duckiedee

Duckiedee Mouseketeer

Thank you - I will wait and see then. I have noticed that some places JUST have soup/salad and no app. Weird. Salad is usually not too bad expense-wise in comparision to apps... depends. For me I would take a 'dumbed-down' salad if price was a concern. :) But in the end it'll be fine whatever happens!

:)

P.S. Mods, sorry I posted to the wrong board - I did realize it right after the post went up as I couldn't find it... but of course by then it was too late! LOL.

7. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

The comments upthread are actually the first time I've heard that anyone had a problem ordering a soup or a (non-entree) salad as an appetizer using a DxDP entitlement.