DxDP ADR's ??????

vhartwell

Mouseketeer
We are headed to WDW in June. This will be a first visit for 4 of our party of 6 and the first time we are using the dining plan. ( My FIL is a cast member so I usually use his discount for hotel, tickets etc.)

We chose the deluxe because my sis and her 2 kids will be coming home from New Delhi India and the kids want to do all the character meals we can fit in our trip. so...enough background...

Would you make ADR's for 3 meals a day or would you make them for 2 meals and use 1 credit daily at a place of your choice?? I am really up in the air about this but then again... I think we have all these tableservices we should book them. I am spacing the meals out for each one....so we will have time to eat, explore, nap, swim etc.

So would you recommend 3 ADR;s a day or 2 ADr's with one meal your choice?

When we went in June 2008 on the DxDDP, we mostly did 2 TS meals/day and 1 CS. We almost always ended up regretting the CS and wishing we had just made and ADR somewhere - it was always a much better experience at TS and it didn't bother us at all to be on a schedule.

So when we go this next June (2010) I am making ADRs for every single meal, except the day we will spend at Blizzard Beach. Worse case scenario, if it gets to be too much, you can always cancel some of the ADRs once you are there, but I doubt that we will decide to do that much if at all.

You really don't get your money's worth eating CS on the Deluxe plan, and I figure, why eat fast food if you don't have too? Good luck though!

We have the Deluxe plan in Jan for a week and we are starting everyday (except one) with an early character buffet (my daughter is an early riser) we like to start the day with a good meal. :banana:

We still plan on making rope drop each day. We also have early lunch and suppers booked. We are using a 3 double credit meals (Castle, Narcoosee's and Spirit of Aloha). With our arrival we only use 1 meal the first day of our stay and we'll use only 1 meal on the day we leave. So it should work out credit wise so we are covered for our whole stay. We are not fans of CS so we would rather hit all the character buffets, we enjoy an hour rest from the hustle and bustle at meal times. :love:

I planned park days and then booked ADR's to coorespond so I minimized travel time to restaurants. Some days we plan to return to our hotel in the afternoon for a rest and then we will head to a restaurant on the Deluxe monorail loop since we are staying at the Contemporary.

We plan to be in our room to watch Wishes at 8pm from our balcony most nights. We'll be exhausted enough to fall alseep when our daughter does, I'm sure :lmao: I'm hoping she'll have naps in her stroller during the day or she'll never make it through a 5:30pm supper without falling asleep ;)

This our first trip with our DD5 so if 3 ADR's a day is too much we are prepared to start cancelling and becoming acqainted with room service :rotfl:

I would make 3 ADRs a day and and then when the day comes, you can just cancel whichever you decide you don't want after all.
You might really enjoy the airconditioned break with time to meet characters in June amyway, aside from the food.

When we went DxDP in October, we did a TS for lunch and a signature for dinner. Then we had breakfast on the run. I really see the Deluxe plan as a way to try the Signature places.

We make two ADRs per day and that works well. If you're all about the character meals, plan for a character meal in/near the park you're planning on going to each day, then a sitdown dinner to unwind and rest in the evening. And don't hesitate to book 2 credit meals/experiences if they appeal to you - the snack credits on the DxDDP are more than enough to fill in the gaps on 2 meal days!

If you are planning a character meal or buffet for every breakfast, I would make 3 ressie a day. If not, or you are planning to do some breakfasts at your resort, I would make 2 a day. We just returned from a similar trip w/ddx plan--made 2 ressie a day, ressies for the Boma and Crystal Palace breakfasts we had planned. Used 1 TS or sometimes snack credits for breakfasts at French Quarter the rest of the days, just showed up at breakfast time. We did 1 meal OOP, so that allowed us two signature restaurants, which was great. I wouldnt plan to show up anywhere for a sit down without an ADR. Period.

I would recommend doing 1 TS, and 1 (2 Credit) TS each day. I personally think 3 ressies in one day is a bit much, and you will be really full, but I think if you do something like CRT for breakfast and then Chef Mickey's for dinner and just use your 2 snack credits if you get hungry in between.

On our last trip we did the basic DDP and we were full on just 1TS and 1CS. Although the quality of food at most CS is much lower than what you will find at TS. For the most part it's your typical fast food.

We are going in January with the deluxe plan and have booked many things that require 2 TS (Spirit of Aloha, Brown Derby, CRT etc..) If we have three booked for one day we tried to do charecter meals with buffets so that we could get in and out quicker/keep the kids entertained. You may just want to book them so that you have the option. You can always cancel them if you change your mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter