Dwarves mine train?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Dr. M, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dr. M

Dr. M DIS Veteran

When is this scheduled to open in the new fantasyland?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Another year, give or take.

4. Dr. M

Dr. M DIS Veteran

A whole year ?? Thanks Robo

5. BoardWalkBelle

BoardWalkBelle DIS Veteran

mid 2014, probbaly intime for the summer season.

6. WishesLuv

WishesLuv Earning My Ears

We just got back and it looks like they've made quite a bit of progress! I would be very surprised if it's a whole year until they open this. I'd say 9 months tops! It looks pretty impressive!

7. deserrai

deserrai DIS Veteran

They've only said 2014 as far as I know. I can't wait. It looks awesome.

8. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

We did Dine with an Imagineer with the project manager for New Fantasyland and he said the mine coaster would be done in early 2014. So far, the project hasn't run into any delays.

9. jhaig

jhaig Still looking for Donald's pants

Planning an early May 2014 trip so here's hoping it's done by then. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, but I doubt it.

10. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hoping for Feb 2014!!!! But, if not, that's just an excuse to renew our AP's! :rotfl2:

11. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

I would disagree with this. The side facing Mermaid is coming along good, probably because they want to get the shops back there open as soon as possible, but the other side has a long way to go. The whole things is going to be covered in rock-work when it's done and that kind of detail takes a lot of time. The rock work on Be Our Guest took well over a year to complete.

12. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

It's sad that such an immaterial ride would create such a 'big deal' to so many fans (with blinders). If you want great, go to Uni and ride Spidey and HP ... Both are better than anything Disney has produced since ToT.

Stop giving them a free pass people. Put their feet to the fire and start evaluating what they've done for you lately.:scared1:Geez.

13. Hayliesmom

Hayliesmom Mouseketeer

I am REALLY hoping its open by the first of March 2014. Snow White is my daughter's absolute favorite princess and so she loves the dwarves almost as much. This is the ride she keeps asking about!

14. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

Interesting that this can be concluded before the ride is even built and a single person has ridden it. For me, I can't make judgement until something exists. If it isn't up to quality then well there will be time enough then for the criticisms. Until then I'd wait until there is actually a tangible, real ride in operation rather than prejudging now.

15. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

Seriously? I (and many) have followed the construction, have seen the design and art that have been released, etc. It's in FAntasyland. It's being built by current Disney. So it's fairly easy to see what it will be, IMO.

16. MerlinsApprentice

MerlinsApprentice Earning My Ears

The sooner they finish this one the better - I went to explore the new fantasyland last month, and the illusion of an enchanted Forrest is kind of killed by the giant steel mountain smack dab I'm the middle

17. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Hey boss! I think you might be wrong about this one! Keyword: might! This is supposed to be a dark ride and coaster, it could be the next ToT! But, why is this taking so long??? NASA can build a space shuttle, do the launch to Mars and come back faster than this darn coaster!

18. dewingedpixie

dewingedpixie Mouseketeer

I really hope it opens in Feb or January. Since we will be there for a whole week in Feb 2014 for our wedding. Im super excited about this new ride. I cant wait for october to try the new Be our guest restaurant too :D.

19. pixiechaser

pixiechaser Earning My Ears

I think that theming plays a big part here if you are not looking for a thrill ride. Many people love the seven dwarfs. I just hope its better the Ariel one. And is more like space mountain than barnstormer.

20. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I guess you didn't like Everest? :confused3

21. golf4miami

golf4miami Mouseketeer

"Immaterial" I think is I think pushing it a bit. This is probably the biggest addition to MK since Splash. Not to mention it involves probably one of the most important characters and movies in Disney's history.

You simply don't get something that awesome by rushing through construction and skipping steps. If you want straight up thrill, you can go to any amusement park including Uni and get it. If you want a complete ride experience with a compelling story, then Disney is the way to go. IMO at least.