I also posted this on the DVC board but I would really like feedback from both sides (resort goers and DVC owners). We purchased DVC at BLT and have not sent the paperwork back. My concerns are as follows: Cons 1) Not getting home resort 7 months out 2) I noticed that BLT is available for nightly rate through CRO in August but I can't book through my DVC (this is a real problem for DH) - no availability 3) Dues cost over 50 years - Is this going to break even? 4) Saratoga Springs is selling rooms at $169 per night through a Disney promotion for August and September. This is very inexpensive and it appears my DVC points would be more in terms of a cash sale. 5) Appears service is declining throughout Disney. Is this temporary? 6) Noticing some issues with people here booking through RCI. The other vacation destinations was the reason dh agreed to the purchase. Pros 1) Love the idea of being able to pre-pay my vacations and have a place for my family for 50 years. 2) Disney normally does it the best. 3) Got a fantastic deal on points, yet I noticed points at other resorts are cheaper. Pro or con? 4) We vacation in Disney yearly so it just makes sense, but would we be better served just vacationing at the Polynesian since we have no need for anything other than a studio? So, I'm a newbie really looking for thoughts from families who have owned DVC for a long time or who decided not to purchase. Have things changed for the worst? If you knew then what you know now would you have purchased DVC today? We jumped into this quickly and all the questions are starting to pop up. For those that have not purchased, why not? Anyone done the math over the course of the timeshare ownership and determined it's not a good deal? Thanks in advance.