DVC Resort Holiday Decorations Trip Report with Photos.

Wow! What great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I am suffering from the Post disney trip blues right now and your pictures make me feel like I am right back there! Thanks again! :)

You seem a bit offended by my observation, which is not what I inteded. :goodvibes I would have pointed out a blunder like that tree at any of the resorts. I love my DVC and I expect DVC to live up to what they told me it would be when I purchased. If people don't complain when DVC gets sloppy, then DVC thinks that nobody cares.

I am not offended at all.

I had a problem with my room; the tv in the Master bedroom was acting goofy. I called maintenance and informed them about the problem. I didn't complain nor was I mad. We came back after going to the MK and the problem was fixed. We own the place, so to speak. It's okay to inform them of problems.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I enjoyed sharing them with you. I also have pics of the other deluxe resorts, but I wasn't sure whether or not to put them on this thread.

I would love to see them! If I can't see them in person, this is the next best thing! I like your close-ups of the trees. :)

Thanks for sharing your great pictures! I have my first trip home in August 2008, then I want to plan a Christmas stay for 2009!

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful pictures. We just booked our first christmas at DW and we are very excited. We have been there for New Year's the past four years but this will be our first time:banana: away from home for our sons. They are aware of our plans and looking forward to Santa finding them. I will be sure to show them your pictures!! They are fabulous!

Thanks for sharing all of the gorgeous photos! I especially love the decor at OKW.

Thank you for all the great pictures-they were great!! What kind of camera did you use?

Your pics gave me a chance to see everything I missed on my Dec trip. I saw BC and BW cause we stayed at BCV, but didn't see SSR, WL or OKW.

I have to say, BW was beautiful but OKW looked really cool in the pictures! And I agree with you, the garland in Seashore Sweets is very cool.

I think the next Christmas trip I'm going to have to visit WL and see the decorations, cause everyone raves about them being their favorite of all the hotels, but I just don't 'see it' when I look at the pictures.

My parents stayed at HGVC in December after we came home, and they didn't like it at all. (Maybe cause they stayed at DVC first? :) ) They'll stay at a value before they'll stay there again. They said it just didn't compare to Disney.

I don't want this thread to get lost! And I think all of the December goer's(is that how you spell that?) can use a pick me up! Thank you for taking the time to take and post these beautiful pictures!:goodvibes

I too would like to thank you for posting your pictures of Christmas in WDW. My sister,niece and myself plan on visiting WDW right after Thanksgiving. We can't wait to see all the decorations. Although we will be staying at the Poly we plan on taking one day just to tour the different resorts. These pictures are wonderful!:surfweb::teacher:

...to get us all excited for this year's holiday trip!
Boardwalk December 2008:

Little tree
WDW122008-03.jpg

Boardwalk Gingerbread House
WDW122008-04.jpg

Sign:
WDW122008-05.jpg

Big tree in the lobby:
WDW122008-09.jpg

Detail:
WDW122008-10.jpg

Beach Club Gingerbread
WDW122008-08.jpg

BC Gingerbread sign:
WDW122008-07.jpg

Another Beach Club tree:
WDW122008-06.jpg

Hey folks - I loved this thread and saved it - now I can't view any of the pics from the OP :( I would love to see OKW holiday pics!

Thanks to whoever fixed this! Can't wait to go home for the Holidays! :thumbsup2

Any photos of the other resorts? I realize they are not DVC resorts, but they are still in WDW!

Nevermind.... I found a link on the Disney Resort forum that has Christmas photos for some of the other resorts. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1953049

Can't wait to see BLT's. They gotta be different. Well I guess we need to figure out when we can come for a Christmas stay.

I loved looking through this thread. Confirms to me that I HAVE to do a trip during the Holiday season to see this in person.
What about the weather though?? IS it typically warm enough to swim during holiday visits??

I loved looking through this thread. Confirms to me that I HAVE to do a trip during the Holiday season to see this in person.
What about the weather though?? IS it typically warm enough to swim during holiday visits??

The word 'typical' and 'December weather' cannot be put together. We have had it in the mid 80's and the upper 20's. Plan on winter, spring, summer and fall weather. And that might be in the same trip! But it is so worth it.:goodvibes

in looking back through the photos, I remember wondering the same thing about the lack of decorations for the fireplace in the VWL. So I asked.

It is due to the fact that lobby area of the VWL is not staffed, and they knew if they put up extensive decorations there someone would steal them.

They have even had people steal the artwork out of the main lobby. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter