DVC resellers

krazy4crusing

Zippadeedodah!
We are ready to purchase a resale DVC contract but I would like to know who to buy from. I have the contact info for the Timeshare store but I am looking for more options. Their prices seem inflated to me.

Can you please provide here or PM me if that is more appropriate, the actual websites of the companies and names of people you would recommend we deal with. I don't want to just google something in case we come up with a fraudulent website/company.

Thanks in advance for all your expertise!!!! :lovestruc

I have bought 2 contracts via resale. The first was December of 2012. We bought a 255 point contract through Fidelity. We worked with Sharon and she was great. We had no problems at all with this contract or Fidelity. We decided last Fall to add a few points (50 or so). I contacted Sharon at Fidelity and she was looking for a contract to meet our needs but nothing was showing up. I saw a contract at ********** and called them. That contract was already gone but **** found a similar one right away and we offered and were accepted the following day. We have passed ROFR and are awaiting closing documents. I am glad we went with ********** for this contract because I found out Fidelity charges a $195 fee that ********** does not.
I was pleased with the service I received with both of these companies.

It depends on who has the best deal available. I wouldn't but a contract from xyz broker is there is a better deal at abc broker. No matter who you use will still get the deal done

We are ready to purchase a resale DVC contract but I would like to know who to buy from. I have the contact info for the Timeshare store but I am looking for more options. Their prices seem inflated to me.

Just remember TSS isn't selling anything and the prices are not theirs - the product and the ASKING price are the seller's responsibility.

We are in ROFR for BWV purchased through TSS - and after dealing with a total of 4 brokers I can say TSS gave by far the best service and attention.

Asking Price does not equal Sales Price - perform your due diligence, determine what a reasonable price would be and make offers based on the price. If the seller counters you counter - if you can't come to an agreement move on - the value of points are determined solely by the price sellers will accept and the price buyers will pay - not what the brokers want (they want higher prices - always. But they want sales too).

Just remember TSS isn't selling anything and the prices are not theirs - the product and the ASKING price are the seller's responsibility.

We are in ROFR for BWV purchased through TSS - and after dealing with a total of 4 brokers I can say TSS gave by far the best service and attention.

Asking Price does not equal Sales Price - perform your due diligence, determine what a reasonable price would be and make offers based on the price. If the seller counters you counter - if you can't come to an agreement move on - the value of points are determined solely by the price sellers will accept and the price buyers will pay - not what the brokers want (they want higher prices - always. But they want sales too).

Great point!

It depends on who has the best deal available. I wouldn't but a contract from xyz broker is there is a better deal at abc broker. No matter who you use will still get the deal done

Not sure I agree.

When you are buying resale, you MAY or MAY NOT want a little hand holding. Someone who contacts you regularly to update you on status, even when the status is "nothing has changed." Some brokers are better at this than others (but since I only worked with one and it was years ago, I won't say who).

A broker who lets a deal just fall together is offering a different service than one who chases the seller to get paperwork returned if it isn't back in four or five days, making sure they know where they can get it notorized and making sure they have a Fed Ex envelope. One that is happy closing whenever is going to take longer to close than a broker who is more aggressive in getting a closing scheduled.

Now, for some people - whenever works just fine. They aren't in any rush to see their account show up with points in it. Most people seem to be more impatient. And a broker who checks in with "we are still waiting for Disney to get back on ROFR, but they only have ten more days" gives some relief - even if some things in the process can't be rushed.

Some brokers also seem to be a little more prone to mistakes - listing points wrong for instance. That isn't good. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, but you want your contract to have the least chance of it.

But the important thing here is really that the broker isn't setting the price anyway. Its the buyers. You aren't trying to find a broker with a low price - you are trying to find a buyer with a low price - and whether that low price is worth working with one broker over another or even waiting for and trying to get through are two questions that everyone needs to answer for themselves (me, I'd rather pay a few more dollars a point for a contract I knew was going to go through and was available at a broker with a good reputation than save what comes down to a couple hundred bucks by spending a few months shopping - but I'm not a good shopper).

Other factors that I looked at:
No matter how fast the broker is, if they have a listing that is 'can't close until' extra delay is baked in the cake so to speak.
Is the listing a stripped contract? What's the point of rushing through closing if there are no points until 2015?
One thing I realized when buying my contract was that although the broker, DVC ROFR and the title company can add a few days here or there, slow sellers add far more time than the broker.
I focused on finding a listing which met my criteria, eg: the use year I wanted, w/ the number of points I wanted, that could close w/out waiting for the seller's booked trip (or the trip booked on their rented points) to happen and which was not stripped or messed up w/ borrowed points expiring before I wanted to use them. When I found that contract I offered w/ the broker who had that listing.
As you look at asking prices, keep in mind that some people owe money on those things and won't go lower because they don't want to pay money to close, thus those contracts stay on the market longer and skew asking prices upwards, reasonably priced listings sell faster and disappear from the listings.

Has anyone had any experience with "**********"? I've been all over their site and like what I see, but it always helps to have someone come along and say a transaction brokered through them went off without any hitches related to the broker.

We're in the beginning stages of buying a resale, and are in the process of vetting our choices. Thank you!

Okay. If the forum automatically censors the name, they've gotta be banned from discussion for a reason. :rotfl2: Will steer clear.

I am currently selling my own contract without the assistance of a broker. What a big waste of 10%! The brokers do nothing but match a buyer and seller and pass everything along for the title company to do the work. These boards have people more knowledgeable about DVC than the brokers.
But from a buyers standpoint, I really don't think one company is better than another.

I am currently selling my own contract without the assistance of a broker. What a big waste of 10%! The brokers do nothing but match a buyer and seller and pass everything along for the title company to do the work. These boards have people more knowledgeable about DVC than the brokers.
But from a buyers standpoint, I really don't think one company is better than another.

Be careful. I read a story of another member who sold their contract, they had made reservations for non-members and didn't want to close until after the reservations ended. But DVC took the contract with ROFR and canceled the reservations after the seller agreed to the sale and signed off on it. The non-members showed up with no reservation. The owner did the sale without a broker to assist.

So the real estate companies do more than just take their portion of the sale.

I used TTS to purchase additional points last summer and was pleased with the process. I countered the seller with a bit less than he was asking and he accepted. Everything moved along the timeline that had been communicated to me by the broker. As others have pointed out, the price is determined by you and the seller. The broker simply handles the transaction/paperwork/money transfer/etc. and they tell you up-front what their fee is for doing so. I found it to be a smooth transaction from beginning to end. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter