College program, annual passes and resorts..questions

reesecup

DIS Veteran
My daughter will be doing the DCP program for Spring Advantage 16. This will be her second time doing the program but I can't remember if there is a discount and if so, how much for annual passes. She could not remember because last time we just used the ones she was given. Can anyone tell me? She moves in on Feb. 1st and we would like to start our AP then. Also, are there any major black out dates for the AP?

Another question....this is kind of a survey of where to stay.

We have about 6/7 resorts we have never stayed at.

We can get Contemporary or Poly through DVC for a little of our time there when we move her in. Which would you chose to stay at?

We can also get AKL which is our favorite resort of the ones we've stayed at. We just want to try a different resort and a monorail one would be great!

And if you guys have any questions for us / her, just let us know! Thanks!

The tourist/non-resident passes have no block-out dates. CM discounted prices on the Hub for those passes are as follows:
Tourist (non-FL) Platinum: $ 717.92
Tourist (non-FL) Platinum Plus: $ 794.60

It's worth noting that she won't be able to get the CM discounted tickets until after she has Traditions and gets her blue ID, so starting them on her move-in date is really unlikely to work out.

Thanks so much! I was thinking they were less than that. Is there one that does have blackout dates that is less? And , yes I remember her not getting her discount/tickets until after Traditions. I should have stated that we would start them on the 1st if she did not get a discount and we paid full price.

The ones with block-out dates are less, but if you aren't a Florida resident, you can't use them even if someone else buys them for you. The prices are:
Gold: $526.22 (blocked out 2 weeks at Xmas and 2 weeks at Easter/Spring Break)
Silver: $372.86 (blocked out same as the Gold plus June-August)
Weekday Select: $248.26 (blocked out same as Silver plus no weekends)

Yes, but the Hub only lists a CM discount for the FL version, not the DVC version - the computers recognize them as different things.

It will be quicker to leave the Poly and get off property than over at BLT (marginal time savings due to location). So if you have places to be at in the morning during move in you might consider the Poly for that reason.

Thanks all for your input! So I guess this is what I'm trying to figure out now. Wondering if just buying a 10 day ticket then using the free passes (she's also planning on extending so that would be an additional free passes). Or going for the annual passes is better. I know most will say how much we plan on going and I know we will go more, of course, if we get the AP's but it's just hard to drop the almost 800 per ticket. Any thoughts? Thanks

We ended up buying 3 annual passes before the dcp started, since we weren't sure when she would have Traditions and we were staying the week of move in. I also wanted the "no black out dates" option, since i planned a few solo trips to visit & DH will join us on a Christmas trip. Less hassle, although pricey! But I think it is worth it. Now, if she gets hired permantly (she is doing dcp now, after graduating in May) as is her goal, we'll probably renew. I'll be visiting often to see my girl!

Thanks SingingMom! I really am thinking about going for it also. I love the no black out dates! Our son is a student at Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota so if we got him one too, he could go some but he says he may do an internship this summer so he may not get to use it then. Not sure if it is worth getting him one or not. I sure wish they would give Florida students at discount! I'm surprised they don't get one. But, your DD sounds like ours -- our dd is graduating in Dec., doing the Spring Advantage, then extending and then believes she will try and stay on full-time after that. But, do they not get unlimited passes when they are full-time CM's?

Thanks all for your input! So I guess this is what I'm trying to figure out now. Wondering if just buying a 10 day ticket then using the free passes (she's also planning on extending so that would be an additional free passes). Or going for the annual passes is better. I know most will say how much we plan on going and I know we will go more, of course, if we get the AP's but it's just hard to drop the almost 800 per ticket. Any thoughts? Thanks

Just wanted to say that my DD is also SA 16 and I found out that they do not get additional passes if they extend. The kids who work Fall and extend into Spring do because it's a new calendar year. I was kind of bummed about that because mine is considering extending too!

Just wanted to say that my DD is also SA 16 and I found out that they do not get additional passes if they extend. The kids who work Fall and extend into Spring do because it's a new calendar year. I was kind of bummed about that because mine is considering extending too!
Oh, wow! I'll have to let my DD know this. And I guess that gives another reason why I should just go ahead with the AP's. That's disappointing though! My daughter will be in attractions this time (she did FSFB last time and was at Sci-Fi). What role is your daughter doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter