DVC - Points & Cash Question

BCVOwner2002

I do math problems in my sleep!
I am planning a 2005 DVC trip but want to pay cash for 2 or 3 of the nights. Have you done this before and if so how does it work? Do you have to pay for the cash portion up front? Any information is helpful. Annmarie

You just call Member Services, same as always. And the cash night don't hit your credit card until you stay there. We have doen this for some weekend nights, especially when we've been able to get the 15% DVC member discount. Paying cash for weekend nights is a whole different story tho, as it would likely be a much better deal getting some transferred points to accomplish your goals.

Also, make a mental note that points nights and cash nights come out of different inventory categories; so a night that is available on points might not be available for cash, for example (or vice versa).

You can also call CRO to check on AP or code rates, they are sometimes better than the 25% discount member services gives. You also get full housekeeping for those nights. You do have to pay 1 nights deposit in advance for CRO reservations. CRO rooms come from the cash pool of rooms, separate from the points pool.

The member discounted rooms through member services come from the points inventory, so you do not get full housekeeping for those nights. They are added to your points nights when figuring housekeeping dates. You do not have to pay a deposit but they do ask for a credit card # to guarantee it. If you cancel 5 days or less, they charge 1 night to the card.

I've done it both ways the past 2 years, paid for weekend nights either through member services or CRO. Both worked well. An OKW 1 bedroom is 48 points per weekend night in May, I paid about $300 a night, about $6.25 a point so it doesn't make sense to rent points for weekends (unless you can find someone really desparate to rent points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter