DVC Peak vs. WDW Resort Peak

It's good to hear that 1BR's tend to be easy to get sometimes. Is this because you aren't really getting a whole lot more than a studio, but the points are so much more?

Size-wise and amenities, you are getting a lot more than a studio with a 1BR since the 1BRs have a living room. full kitchen, washer/dryer, and huge bathroom with whirlpool tub. The reasons for their lower demand, however, include; (a) the fact that a large number of members do not have the points to get a 1BR for number of days they usually go; (b) the 1BRs and studios at BWV, SSR, VWL and BCV both sleep four and thus you get no real increase in beds and the 1BRs are usually double or more than double the cost of a studio at those resorts and thus many choose the studio for point savings even if they could get a 1BR; and (c) at the reverse end, going to a 2BR over a 1BR adds much less than the cost of adding a studio, making for many the 2BR much more desirable than the 1BR.

The category I noticed missing from drusba's list - at BCV there are two bedrooms in three types - lockoffs (the second bedroom is a studio), dedicateds (the second bedroom has no door to the hallway and no kitchenette) with two queen beds, and dedicateds with a bed and a pullout. The dedicateds with two queen beds are usually gone before the seven month window year round.

BCV is the resort that people tend to have the hardest time reserving at seven months out - which doesn't mean it isn't doable (we stayed there last August and it isn't our home resort), but if you don't need Grand Villas or Treehouse Villas, and you don't mind the extra cost (resale BCV goes for a premium for this reason), and you like the resort (I'm actually sort of indifferent to it myself, its nice, I just have other favorites) that is where to place your bet. Its relatively small and SAB is a huge draw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter