DVC PARK TICKET DISCOUNTS?

queenbee0120

Earning My Ears
OK, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT?
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, I THOUGHT I WAS TOLD THAT WE GET A PERCENTAGE DISCOUNT ON ALL TYPES OF PARK TICKETS, INCLUDING THE ANNUAL PASSES.
YESTERDAY I CALLED THE FRONT DESK AT OLD KEY WEST AND INQUIRED. I WAS TOLD THE ONLY TICKET THAT DVC MEMBERS GET A DISCOUNT ON IS THE ULTIMATE PARK HOPPER TICKET. I'M SURE THAT THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT INFORMATION. THE REASON I THINK IT IS INCORRECT IS BECAUSE MY CALL WAS PASSED AROUND A FEW TIMES BECAUSE NO ONE KNEW!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT? IF YOU DO HAVE THE ANSWER, CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THE INFO. YOU HAVE IS DOCUMENTED?
THANKS!

'71 OFFSITE
'73 FW
'74 FW
'77 POLY
'78 DISNEYLAND-OFF SITE
'80 OFFSITE
'92 OFFSITE
'97 CBR
'00 POR
'01 OKWR

THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THE INFORMATION! ALTHOUGH IT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR! LOL
THAT STINKS! I THINK WE SHOULD BE OFFERED A MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE DISCOUNT THEN THAT!
WHAT CAN WE DO TO ENCOURAGE DISNEY TO RE-THINK THE DISCOUNT WE ARE OFFERED? LETS BOMBARD THEM WITH LETTERS!!

'71 OFFSITE
'73 FW
'74 FW
'77 POLY
'78 DISNEYLAND-OFF SITE
'80 OFFSITE
'92 OFFSITE
'97 CBR
'00 POR
'01 OKWR

Queenebee,

Depending on the length of your stays, and how often you visit WDW, you may want consider annual passes. We get the regular AP, since we aren't waterpark/PI people. Also, if anyone in your party is active or retired military and has their military ID with them, military discount tickets are available at Shades of Green resort (Formerly Golf resort/Disney Inn) It is a short drive, near the Grand Floridian. Also, if you happen to be Disney Club (Formerly MKC) members, discounts are available.

Chuck
DVC '92 (OKW)
rainbow.gif

QueenBee, save yourself some aggravation and don't worry about the DVC park discount. Yes, it stinks. But, members have been butting heads with DVC on this issue ever since AK opened and wasn't included in the original free pass program (that ended 12/31/99 and wasn't replaced). They don't appear to have any reason to budge on this one.

What DVC has done is come up with a new program (surprised they didn't mention this to you). A regular AP with a Disney Club discount works better for me but maybe this works for you.

It is only for DVC members and is called Magical Years Pass. It costs $749 per child or adult. For 4 of the next 5 years you get 5 days per year admission to AK, MK, Epcot & MGM with park hopping. You also get a choice of 2 visits per year on 4 of the 5 years to visit one of the water parks (you could visit 2 water parks), WWofSports or PI. There are a few other discount perks as well but that's the basis of the pass.

p.s. In computer-speak all capitals means you are SHOUTING.

Thanks for the info. Pam! Yes,I know about the "shouting"! lol My daughter keeps telling me that! I'll try to remember!

'71 OFFSITE
'73 FW
'74 FW
'77 POLY
'78 DISNEYLAND-OFF SITE
'80 OFFSITE
'92 OFFSITE
'97 CBR
'00 POR
'01 OKWR

We do the AP route and take 2-3 trips in that calendar year, then take a year off and start the process over again. Last year we had 29 park days on our APs, so it cost us about $10 per day. They have gone up now (as they always do), but it is still a good deal.

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter