DVC owners get fastpass priority?

Joel

Earning My Ears
Since we have committed 2 trips a year to deluxe hotels on WDW property, tens of thousands of dollars up front, I feel we should be able to get the same treatment as "on property" guests at Universal. Always go into the fastpass line-all day long. Just flash your DVC card on the way by. I'm not saying all "on property" WDW guests-just a DVC perk. That would also bring more DVCers into the parks each day-selling more tickets and certainly sell more DVC property. What do you think?

I don't think it's reasonable to expect Disney to give anyone FOTL. There are potentially too many people that would need access. Also, IMO, US can do it since they don't get as crowded.

Thats a good point Mitch, I was thinking of way to gauge how many people that really would be each day. Maybe the line would just be all DVC owners all day long.

How's about FOTL at the restaurants with no PS??? Now that too would be a perk at busy times!;)

Given that a reasonable discount for park passes is not even offerred, this is way out of scope.

Guess we'll have to go stay at the Universal resort to see how that kind of first class treatment works. It is certainly is an incentive to pay for rooms there.

Universal uses FOTL as an incentive for you to stay at HRH or one of the other hotels. If you're a member of DVC, Disney already has your money and there is no reason for them to give you any additional amenities. It would be nice to receive addional discounting on park passes or PS but I don't see that happening.

These kind of promotions are just that - to promote something that needs a boost. DVC doesn't need a boost. It's already so popular that VWL sold out faster than a speeding bullet, BCV is well on the way, Eagle Ridge is on the drawing board and they are tearing down part of Disney Institute to make more DVC units. These are not signs of a program that needs a promotion. We are, frankly, tripping over each other to give them money - even add-ons, which shows that current owners are pretty happy. As a marketing concept, they shouldn't need to think up promotions until these trends slow down.

Our guide told us DVC is "negotiating" with Disney to get us "more options." Disney is finally catching on that the DVC members and AP holders are their loyal "guests" and as such, deserve to be "rewarded."

However, I'm not holding my breath.

llp 479....I think it's safe to say that Disney won't be "rewarding" DVC owners for our loyalty, our love of Disney, or anything else.

Disney will be giving better discounts when it makes business sense to do so. In other words, when they think more people will buy passes and their total revenue would be higher by offering additional DVC discounts.

I just bought 4 AP's, and even though I knew the price of one, when they were totalled up I was in shock. $1,400 for my family to visit WDW parks for a year! :eek:

When the kids are older, I'll have to think hard about WDW admissions. Right now, we're willing to bite the bullet to create those great family vacations.

I'd love to see Disney offer DVCers a better admission discount. But I ain't holding my breath either. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter