Dvc membership extras

Iceman747

Earning My Ears
If I'm staying at aulani on a DVC points booking, but am not an owner myself, do I get free parking, member character experiences, free popcorn refills, etc?

If you book with DVC points, parking is free at Aulani for those booking made with dvc points. The rest, you don't have to be an owner at Aulani, as long as you are blue card eligible DVC member, then you get the perks associated with the blue card membership extras.

I assume when you said not an owner, you meant not an owner at Aulani. If you meant not a DVC owner at all, than NO to the rest. Again, you must be DVC owner/member with blue card privileges.

Great3

Free parking and free laundry tokens is staying in a studio. Everything else is a member benefit.

Thanks for the replies! I am not an owner at any property myself, but when I stayed on a friend's points 4 years ago, I got the member extras automatically. Was there some policy change in the interim?

No, policy has been the same, never changed. However, enforcement and honoring the discounts has always been up to the Cast Member. I am a DVC member, but resale only, and don't have the blue card membership extras privileges. I shopped 3 times at the various shops at Aulani. Two of the times, they gave me the 10% Blue Card Member discount, and another time, they didn't. I didn't ask for it, they just did it after asking if I am a DVC member, and I respond yes, but Resale and White Card only. So, it just depends, and I don't expect it. If it happens, Great!!! If not, no big deal!

So, you lucked out last time, and may you continue to do so!

Great3

So we have purchased point to stay at Aulani but we are not DVC members at all. Is parking included with our stay?

Does anybody have a published guide (blog, etc) to DVC member extras at aulani? We go next month and I’ve gotta start earning some of that direct point premium back. 🤣

Does anybody have a published guide (blog, etc) to DVC member extras at aulani? We go next month and I’ve gotta start earning some of that direct point premium back. 🤣

Morning. Unless they've changed it since the last time I looked, the list of DVC perks at parks and resorts used to be found on the DVCmember website once you log in with your account.

This might be a silly question - we have purchased our stay by buying someone else's points - so we are not members ourselves. Are there any of the "perks" that are attached to our reservation and not a membership card? For instance, will our parking be included?

This might be a silly question - we have purchased our stay by buying someone else's points - so we are not members ourselves. Are there any of the "perks" that are attached to our reservation and not a membership card? For instance, will our parking be included?
Good news! Parking is included for all DVC members (including resale) and people staying on DVC points (including renters).

I am a DVC Y member, but have a combination of Direct and Resale points. We are taking an extended family trip with both sets of grandparents to Aulani this summer and will have a 1 BR and a 2BR. If I book one room using direct points and the other using resale points, will only the people in the unit using direct points have access to the membership extras, or if I do a “travel with” reservation is it just linked to our membership as a whole?

I’m just envisioning the drama if one set of grandparents gets the sparkly band and can go to the sake and poke classes, but the other set gets the plain band and can’t register for the classes. Everyone gets along really well, I just don’t want one set of grandparents feeling left out somehow.

Or do I need to put my husband on one reservation and myself on the other so one of each of us (we are both on the deeds so both DVCY) so that each room has someone in it who is DVCY?

Thanks!

I am a DVC Y member, but have a combination of Direct and Resale points. We are taking an extended family trip with both sets of grandparents to Aulani this summer and will have a 1 BR and a 2BR. If I book one room using direct points and the other using resale points, will only the people in the unit using direct points have access to the membership extras, or if I do a “travel with” reservation is it just linked to our membership as a whole?

I’m just envisioning the drama if one set of grandparents gets the sparkly band and can go to the sake and poke classes, but the other set gets the plain band and can’t register for the classes. Everyone gets along really well, I just don’t want one set of grandparents feeling left out somehow.

Or do I need to put my husband on one reservation and myself on the other so one of each of us (we are both on the deeds so both DVCY) so that each room has someone in it who is DVCY?

Thanks!
What an interesting question.

I think you’re going to need to call Aulani and ask if people staying with a DVC-Y member can attend the classes without the DVC-Y being present.

Next, I’d put a DVC-Y on each room reservation to be safe on wrist bands. This will ensure that they get the perks like free popcorn refills.

What an interesting question.

I think you’re going to need to call Aulani and ask if people staying with a DVC-Y member can attend the classes without the DVC-Y being present.

Next, I’d put a DVC-Y on each room reservation to be safe on wrist bands. This will ensure that they get the perks like free popcorn refills.
I don’t have much to add but did want to confirm everybody on our room (including non-member grandma) is getting sparkly bands and allowed to other member events. As for the other perks (like shopping discounts) I have to actually show my Y-card each and every time (despite my sparkly wristband collection). Trying the sake and sushi thing this afternoon, will report back if they ask either of us to prove Y status on arrival.

I don’t have much to add but did want to confirm everybody on our room (including non-member grandma) is getting sparkly bands and allowed to other member events. As for the other perks (like shopping discounts) I have to actually show my Y-card each and every time (despite my sparkly wristband collection). Trying the sake and sushi thing this afternoon, will report back if they ask either of us to prove Y status on arrival.
I know that for us they didn’t ask to show our DVC card at check in, they just asked for our member ID when booking the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter