DVC Members will now get special welcome at parks

I am asking if the MB that we order for our guests will also show the purple.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/disney-vacation-club-members-get-special-welcome-park-visit/

Hopefully I figured out how to post a link! DVC members' magic bands will now show a doff ent color when scanning them for park entry signaling cast members to tell them welcome home. I think it is a nice touch as I already love hearing it when I check into the resorts.
"Welcome Home" was great when it was reserved for Members. Then all of a sudden we were hearing it when we were not DVC Members. Now we hear it nearly every time a CM greets us. Truly they over use the expression and tell everyone "Welcome Home".

MG

I was there last week and I wasn't getting green when it worked, I got purple. (I have the castle magic band, not sure if it makes a difference I know some do special ones) At one point I heard the machine say something but I couldn't hear it well.

I got the different colors last November when the entry scan worked, which was maybe 1/3 of the time (over a 10-day period). Not sure what was up because I never had so many problems on prior trips.

I got green and then a pink/purple. Asked what it was and was only told it was a special band.....nothing about DVC

Much better than the blue I have been getting almost everyday over the last 10 days :(

I wonder if this new color sequence will trump the "special" color patterns one would get when using one of the limited edition bands. For example, I use a different limited edition band depending on which park I'm visiting because each band has special affects when used at the different parks. I wonder if this new sequence will now override the special affects from those bands or only when using one of the generic bands?

I got green and then a pink/purple. Asked what it was and was only told it was a special band.....nothing about DVC

Much better than the blue I have been getting almost everyday over the last 10 days :(

I got the same at the MK in December. CM just said, "pretty colors".

:earsboy: Bill

Sounds like they are testing a way to tell if you purchased resale or direct. Hope so, this will help speed up getting discounts on food and purchases.

Did this in December and they waved me in without scanning my fingerprint. I am wondering if that is part of the special welcome or was that a different test?

Did this in December and they waved me in without scanning my fingerprint. I am wondering if that is part of the special welcome or was that a different test?
That would be nice. It would speed up the lines a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter