DVC member discount vs. AP discount

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by MamaDrama, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MamaDrama

MamaDrama Mouseketeer

We are *almost* brand new DVC members (we close on Aug 30th). We have also been a DL AP holder for years. Our first trip o DL will be in October for Mickey's Trick or Treat party. We have already purchased those tickets with our AP discount. My question is this, is there a discount on dining/merchandise associated with your DVC membership and if so is it any different than that associated with my AP?

Thanks!

2. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I see lots of 10% for dining...

At the DTD theater: "Purchase an Adult ticket for the price of a Child ticket (Tuesdays only). Purchase an Adult ticket for the price of a Matinee ticket (not valid on Tuesdays)."

BuildABear, Compass books, a free glitter upgrade with face painting by showing your card...10% at HofB and Islands, Lego discount.

Same discount on tours as with the AP (20%), spa discounts...that's what I'm seeing.

I'd just show places both cards and ask if there's a discount and which one is better. :)

Or take some time to read through the Portable Perks booklet you should be given when you check in, and compare it to your AP perks.

3. Presley

Presley Mouseketeer

The Premium AP discount is better than the DVC member discount for most things in DL.