DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Bobbi
I am so glad you got your documents! What a relief! :flower1: One less thing to worry about! Now you are all set!

So I called Disney Cruise about my plate...they had not heard or seen the letter Pat posted - according to the two Cast Members I spoke with I can bring my plate and get it signed. It has a small Mickey Mouse on it - but the Cast Members said it would be fine.. What do you all think?? They stated some characters will be photo only and some will be autograph and photo. I will need to check with the handler before I get in line to see. So should I bring the plate or pull a Frozen and LET IT GO?
Lynn

Lynn, I certainly hope they sign your plate, I think that was one of the nicest things I saw done. The letter I shared was posted on the f/b group, someone on our cruise had emailed DCL and that was the 'reply' they got. I haven't looked into it. I'm not sure if I'll bring a photo mat or not (I've done that for years and really do like it).

On a good note, I finished my FE gifts, just need to package them up and label them. Hubby and I are headed to Ocean City to get our candy for the candy exchange (and walk the board walk and eat more junk food)!!!! I've given up on my quest to get any of this weight off, it's just not working.

Well I am depressed - I just read - No more Mickey Mail starting in Aug on Disney Cruises! Starting Aug 7th. UGH! I purchased a White Plate to have all the characters sign for our cruise -(It is really cute - it has Mickey in the middle and it is trimmed in black). I have all my color markers and candy for the Cast Members! Got it all bubble wrapped and a big ziplock bag - marked up and ready to go.
I guess I will be standing in line to obtain autographs on my plate now... so much easier to drop off at Guest Services to get it autographed. Be much easier to take it to the Parks and get it autographed - bigger selection of Characters - then I can pick and choose who signs my plate! And I get the added fun of hauling a plate around all day in the Parks - Now who doesn't want to do that? I can practice not breaking my plate - or leaving it somewhere! That does sound like fun right??
On the bright side - I guess I can go ahead and eat the chocolate I purchased for the Cast Members! (I got the good stuff too - little Hershey candy bars - variety package). Afternoon snack anyone? I off to get some milk.....
Lynn
That stinks! We did t-shirts for our boys and daughter. We painted put a Mickey icon on the boys shirt then splattered paint over it before removing the icon. Mickey signed the icon then the rest signed around it. Been two years and they still wear them. DD shirt we did the same with the word Disney, then ironed on I am a Princess around it. The back of the shirt has the Princess poem and princesses signed around it.

There are lots of characters, but I do not know if there will be the Anna and Elsa meet that you have to get tix for. Check the navigator that you get at embarkation. I do not have the patience to wait in line for autographs or pictures with characters , but I do tend to go to movies on cruises. Others may think that's wasting time.

I think the only reason we booked this MC so early is because the Alaska cruise was in May. In other years, the booking for the late summer, early fall MC was after that year's DVC MC. I know that the '06 cruise dates were announced on the '05 cruise.

Our documents have not come to us yet. DCL mailed them to Ohio 20 days ago, I would have thought they would have been forwarded by this time. It would cost $50 for me to have them mailed, or I just get the generic luggage tags that the workers at the dock would have. Definitely not worth $50 to me, so I will wait and hope for the best!

I hope the autograph policy gets reversed!

Bobbi:boat:
Bobbi,
My mom's BFF works for USPS...forwards now take 14-21days. Also, when you turn in a forward, it takes 14 days after you turn it in to get forward fully in effect. You may not get your packet until the last minute. Good luck.
Lol, saw you got them. Oh so glad! :cool1:

Thank you for your encouragement! The documents came yesterday, Aug 1, and apparently had been mailed by DCL on July 8, so yes, it took time in the limits you suggest. I knew on some level, everything would be alright, we had printed out the documents we need, and the workers at the docks could give hand written valid luggage tags, but it feels so good to see the book with 2015 DVC Member Cruise!

We do not know the exact reason why our house in Ohio did not close as expected for nearly 2 months. It's alarming when I think it has been off the market that long, but I have been assured by many friends that "glitches" happen and usually closing does soon follow. I pray it will be so. We cannot look at particular houses in FL until we have cash in hand, and we were planning on using our FL time before the DVC cruise to look. We hope to be making the final decision before or on the cruise itself!

OTOH, I am a Jersey gal at heart, so it is not a sadness to be here. I would retire here if DH doesn't rightly remind me of high taxes, insurance etc. here.

Hello,
I know all the sign ups says last time to sign up was in July. This is our very first cruise and first time to use our DVC, we are so excited! Is it possible to sign up for FE and candies exchange still? Thanks!
Erin

Who's Going!!! - Sorry this list was not kept updated

pstevens - Patty & DH - Dale (dstevens)
66ladybugs - Christine & family
AccidentalDVC
Bellecruiser - Meg & DH - Bruce
bliscum - Barb
blossomz - Blossom
bobbiwoz - Bobbi & DH
Bobbybear68 - Bob & Anna
carolinadj - Bob & DJ
Christy May - Christy & Roy
Coll0610- Colleen & Dave
countygirl629 - Carolynn & Alan & dd 3
dismiss - Mary Ellen & DH Jay; DD Kayleigh -18; DS Kevin -15
disneyduo0517 - Debi & Matt
disneygirl - Marianne & DH; DS 9; DS 3
DVC4US - Leilani & DD
gbsb1011 - Sue & DH - Glenn
g00fy0ne - mom; dad; teen and little sis
goofydvc
jacstangler & Vieragirl1 John & Christy
jennileigh - Jenni & mom & sister
jjackering - Janice & DH and DD
jonesm117
keaster - with dh, dd and dmil
irishwit2
lgough - Lisa & Mark
laduchesa & DD's (19); (17) & (7)
married-2-wdw-nut - DW; DH & DD Cathy 17
marron5 & DH & kids
merisland & DH and kidsMousemama2-Jenn & Aric and 2 kids
moneyhappy - Tammy & John
mousekemom3 - April & DH
NJShoreDad
oreoman - Joann, Karen & Stephanie
RN4Disney - Susan & Brian
RRBB - It's me, DH, DS(10) and DD(8)
sager1969 - Robin and DS Sager (14)
SamIam8
Sigillaria
skelly_wi & DH and kids
ssrcmom - Susan & DD Melanie
SMITH2615 - Craig & Sharon
sulcata
SunshineTK - Tanya & Duy
tmk0730 - Tracy & Bill and DS (8) & DS (5)
WDWEPCOT - Lynn & DH David
Wolfcat

FE lists
Adult partipants - (some people are not on the Dis so first name only listed)

ADULT GROUP ONE - FULL

pjstevens (2)
oreoman (3)
66ladybugs (2)
ssrcmom (2)
Donna (2)
Coll0610 (2)
Pepples22 (2)
MongoldFamily (2-4)
bliscum (1)
Cheryl (2)
Kathy (2)
xginny1008x (2)

ADULT GROUP TWO - FULL
Christine (2)
Alice (2)
Moneyhappy (2)
soembj6 (2)
JenniLeigh (3)(all adults)
smith2615 (2)
Lgough (2)
disneyduo0517 (2)
edstewbob (4 adults)
Cindi & Mike
Robin (3 adults)
DVC4US (2)

ADULT GROUP THREE - FULL
Christy May (2)
Allyse (2)
SheilaC (2)
Dreamer0640 (2)
jonesm117 (2)
disneyworld25 (2)
Kim (2)
elspyth (2)
carolinadj (2)
Cmcm624 (3)
mousekemom3 (2)
Sigillaria (2)

ADULT GROUP FOUR - CLOSED
RN4Disney (2)
SamIam8 (4)
goofydvc (2)
carol (2)
JDGrage (2)
Tammy (1)
tinkerbell0611 (2)
alaneeray (2)
celocey (2)

FAMILY GROUP ONE - FULL
Mousemama2 (4)
merisland (5)
Skelly_wi (5)
Rebecca (3)
WDWEPCOT (2)
marron5 (5)
Gianine (4)
Victoria (4)
Janelle (2)
g00fy0ne (4)
Dismiss (4)
Renee1221 (4)

FAMILY GROUP TWO - FULL
countrygirl629 (3)
Mphduffy (3)
sager1969 (2)
panda13 (4)
SunshineTK (5)
RRBB (4)
Satomi (4) - all adults
jonesm117 (3)
Treska50 (4)
Aimee (4)
sulcata (3)
Wolfcat (4)

FAMILY GROUP THREE - FULL
RRBB (4)
tmk0730 (4)
laduchesa (4)
ldk1193 (5)
Lindsey (4)
nytwinkie (4)
gdulaney (2)
Nicole (5)
Jo Ann (4)
Beth (4)
Salvatore9504 (4)
TiggerAllie (3)

TWEENS/TEENS - CLOSED
darlene (2 teens)
jonesm117 (DD and her service dog)
dismiss - DD 18; DS 15
debra (2 teens)
Tammy (2 teens)

LAST MINUTE FE GROUP - All ages
tinkerbell0611 (2)
Gianine (6)
Donna Morgan (3)
Michelle (4)
PuckerupPiglet (3)
nikki6901 (2)

Hello,
I know all the sign ups says last time to sign up was in July. This is our very first cruise and first time to use our DVC, we are so excited! Is it possible to sign up for FE and candies exchange still? Thanks!
Erin

Welcome! A Member Cruise is really a very special way to begin a DVC membership. The Candy Groups are closed, but I do have extra and can exchange with you. You would need to have 10 posts here before we can start a conversation and learn each other's cabins.

Bobbi

Welcome! A Member Cruise is really a very special way to begin a DVC membership. The Candy Groups are closed, but I do have extra and can exchange with you. You would need to have 10 posts here before we can start a conversation and learn each other's cabins.

Bobbi
Got it will work on the 10 posts :) thanks so much!

Hello,
Erin

Erin,

It's easiest if you just type out 'hi' or tell us a little about you in single posts (7 more times) so you can start a conversation. If you want to follow the info in post #1 of this very long thread, you can email your info to me at pjstev222 at yahoo dot com and I'll try and see if those in the late sign up wouldn't mind another in their group.

Erin,

It's easiest if you just type out 'hi' or tell us a little about you in single posts (7 more times) so you can start a conversation. If you want to follow the info in post #1 of this very long thread, you can email your info to me at pjstev222 at yahoo dot com and I'll try and see if those in the late sign up wouldn't mind another in their group.
I will email thanks so much and completely understand if we can't be squeezed in. I only just learned about this board and FE and candies exchange this morning when looking up what to pack for the cruise.

Erin, if you have any questions about the cruise be sure to ask.
I binge read this whole thread, at least a dozen others and connected with PJStevens, whew. It all started by browsing a hand made items site to get a monogram top for DD, I learned about FE and umbrella spotters, so much cute Disney stuff! Thank you for sharing all the information. It is even more exciting knowing all this cool stuff in advance.

I binge read this whole thread, at least a dozen others and connected with PJStevens, whew. It all started by browsing a hand made items site to get a monogram top for DD, I learned about FE and umbrella spotters, so much cute Disney stuff! Thank you for sharing all the information. It is even more exciting knowing all this cool stuff in advance.
Isn't is amazing how many creative people are out there making such beautiful things like Fish Extenders?!
Awesome news!! One step closer to the cruise!!:goofy::mickeyjum

Yes! :boat:

Hello,
Erin

Welcome Aboard Erin!!

I can add you to our candy list - just PM me and we can exchange information.

Also, if PJ couldn't get you into the late FE group and you are all adults, I can add you to my FE group. We are still working on ours and will have extra but they are geared towards adults.

Welcome Aboard Erin!!

I can add you to our candy list - just PM me and we can exchange information.

Also, if PJ couldn't get you into the late FE group and you are all adults, I can add you to my FE group. We are still working on ours and will have extra but they are geared towards adults.

LeiLani, you are so sweet. I was able to get her in the 'late sign up' group so her family is set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter