DVC Loan-Earning Disney Reward Dollars?

I am glad this got straight. I use the Disney Visa and Capital One. I thought The REWARDS are for charges actually made with the credit card, not anything else. Sometimes there are some "Interest Free" Activities from Disney, Packages for trips, things like that. I pay mine off every month too, but when I have a 6 month Interest free appear, I utilize it. If you write a check and use it, you do not get any rewards points for that. I shread those, as soon as they come in. I have one of my DVC's that the monthy payment is applied to my Disney Visa, I pay that every month, earn Disney points on that. Paid all my dues with it etc....

I am glad this got straight. I use the Disney Visa and Capital One. I have one of my DVC's that the monthy payment is applied to my Disney Visa, I pay that every month, earn Disney points on that. Paid all my dues with it etc....

Are you able to make your payment with the Visa, or just the dues? We're planning to pay our DVC purchase off over the next year and I'd love to use a credit card to make payments to earn those rewards.

Credit card companies charge the seller a processing fee -- the buyer is not charged a fee unless he carries a balance

Mule

It is usually reverse for convenience checks- the buyer pays the fee.

Are you able to make your payment with the Visa, or just the dues? We're planning to pay our DVC purchase off over the next year and I'd love to use a credit card to make payments to earn those rewards.
I would like to know this also- I have 12 payments on my DVC loan and I am set up for automatic debt from my checking acct. But if I could put that pymt. on my rewards card that would be great.

I know my mortgage company will not accept CC for payment- paying your mtg. with CC is the holy grail of rewards card transactions. I don't know anybody who has been able to do it- and believe me this subject has been discussed at length on the budget board- but I think the DVC loan may fall under a different classification.

I am pretty sure with dues- you can pay with CC (and get rewards) if you pay in 1 lump sum. If you want to pay monthly you may not use your CC.

You can pay on your loan on the website using your credit card. So that should work.

I paid the entire amount of the DVC membership with my Disney Visa. I applied for the Disney Visa several months ago when they were offering 0% interest on purchases until 2008. At the time I did not have a sufficient credit amount approved to pay the whole thing. :confused3 When I called to try and get a credit increase the representative gave me another option that would not involve running my credit again. :idea: She noticed that I had two other Chase credit card accounts. Disney Visa is a Chase account as well. So, she transfered my available credit from my two other accounts into the Disney Visa account. That gave me the credit limit increase I needed on the Disney Visa to make the whole purchase with no interest until 2008. :cool1:

We bought our 180 points add on at VWL last year using our Disney Visa and we are paying for our 200 points add on at VAK on Thursday. We get the 1% Disney Reward dollars and pay no interest because I'll pay the VISA bill the month that the points are charged.
Also, I believe the Reward dollars are available for use as soon as your statement is received, not when you pay your bill.

I paid the entire amount of the DVC membership with my Disney Visa. I applied for the Disney Visa several months ago when they were offering 0% interest on purchases until 2008. At the time I did not have a sufficient credit amount approved to pay the whole thing. :confused3 When I called to try and get a credit increase the representative gave me another option that would not involve running my credit again. :idea: She noticed that I had two other Chase credit card accounts. Disney Visa is a Chase account as well. So, she transfered my available credit from my two other accounts into the Disney Visa account. That gave me the credit limit increase I needed on the Disney Visa to make the whole purchase with no interest until 2008. :cool1:

Calypso is right on the money. We paid our DVC in full back in Jan 06 on the Visa rewards card and paid off that bill by other means. I rec.the rewards and used them on a trip in August. I also had several cards through Chase and they will combine credit limits and close the other accounts if you want or need it.

hmmm...interesting thread.
i thought that the reward dollards were not available until after the balance was paid off. i mean could someone technically purchase say a new TV for $2000 or whatever on their disney visa, get the reward dollards and a card, & then return the TV??? not sure if that is making sense, but i think it would be in CC company's best interest to give reward dollars aftter the balanace was paid off

I bought my DVC from Disney. Disney applies the payments every month to my Disney Visa. I pay the Visa every month.

I added my 130 pt SSR add on, in September last year. I had my guide pay the balance (we had paid the $500 down right away) after my billing cycle in November, on the 22nd. This put the $11,400K something on my December bill, which rolled over on the 21st. Payment wasn't due until January 15th...which I paid off. So, no interest paid on it, but I bought myself two months by doing it that way.

I also earned 114 Disney Rewards Dollars from the transacation, which I used while I was there in December. I went online on the 22nd and transfered them to my Rewards Card.

I am going to do the same with my AKV pts, have them charged on the 22nd of this month and I won't have to pay it until April 15th. The rewards $$ will be available on March 22nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter