• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC- information

Buckleybunch

<font color=red>Okay, I'm excited...<br><font colo
I went to the DVC part of disney.com today to get information send to me. Since I live in Neb, and it's not registered, I can't get any information????

I was really confused by this. I think a couple of the Disney Store managers are DVC owners....

HELP..

You should thank your state government for protecting you from the evil Disney. Your state government doesn't think you are able to decide for yourself wether a timeshare is an appropriate thing for you to spend your money on.

DVC is not registered in all states because some state governments make it difficult for them to advertise in your state. You can't even call for information, they are not permitted to talk to you.

You actually have to travel to a state that DVC is regestered in to receive information. We have heard people calling and giving a relative or friend's address that is in a registered state. Some people have made the decision to buy and then traveled to WDW to make the purchase.

Thanks for the information..
That just stinks.. I wanted to get the video and information so my DH and I could watch it and really decided. ( of course I think I really want to do this NOW)..

Does anyone have this information, that could mail it to me?? We don't know anyone out of state, that would do this for us..

Thanks
Linda

You can have it sent to you at a different asddress, say a relative in another state then they can forward it to you. You'll have the same problem purchasing though. Sounds like you just need to go visit Disney.

but you can get a LOT of really, really useful information about DVC right here on this board. First, if you haven't already, you should definitely check out the DVC FAQ page:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/faq.shtml

You can also post specific questions that you have as new threads here and you are likely to get many, many opinions and explanations on everything that you ask about!

Again, I know I'm stating the obvious, but felt that that might be a good thing to do just now...

:bounce: :bounce:

Why not schedule a trip to Hilton Head this winter? I'm not sure how far you are from HH and if you have a Disney Club card but we just came back from Hilton Head and our 2 bedroom unit was $115 with tax per night with the Disney Club discount. We got to tour the preview center, have all our questions answered (and there was absolutely no pressure to join - as a matter of fact, because we were staying on cash they left a message in our room and offered us $100 in food credits to take the tour - which I had planned to schedule anyway). Believe it or not, after 2 years of trying to talk my husband into joining DVC, he was sold after only a couple of days at Hilton Head. We met with our guide Susan on Sunday and signed the papers, it was easy!

Anyway, just a suggestion . . . Hope to welcome you home one day soon!

Lisa

We were in the same boat as you are. We ended up researching everything online and decided that we wanted to purchase DVC before our next scheduled trip to WDW. We ended up buying an OKW resale (there is nothing to prevent you from buying a resale, no matter what state you're in as far as I know). Just before we bought, my parents were taking a trip to WDW and we asked them to take the tour and pick up the info for us. It was nice to look at the video and look through the info, but to be honest, we didn't learn anything from the "official" info that we didn't already know from our research here and other places on the web. I would send you the info that we got, but:
1. I don't know where it is.
2. It is more than 3 years out of date now.

If you schedule a stay at WDW on site, you can take the tour and if you purchase, I believe your present lodging expenses can be applied to your down payment. Good luck.

If you schedule a stay at WDW on site, you can take the tour and if you purchase, I believe your present lodging expenses can be applied to your down payment. Good luck.

No, not anymore, that was several versiuons of Magical Beginings ago. I think its been four or five years since they did that.

The present MB(magical Beginings) is to sell part or all of your first year's points back. It is acually a pretty poor deal, but useful if you need help with the downpayment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter