Dvc gift

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sue, Sep 8, 2012.

1. sue

sue love my DVC

Does anyone have a photo of the gift you get in your stateroom from DVC?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Are you talking about the cardboard box with the lanyards? You get hats when you go to the member celebration, and usually some other stuff there as well.

4. sue

sue love my DVC

Not sure, we have never received a gift from DVC during a cruise yet. This is the first cruise we have actually used some points on, so I guess I'm just wondering what type of gift they give if any, and if anyone would happen to have a photo of it.:)

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

You should get a cardboard box with a lanyard for everyone in the room and a card you need to being to the DVC desk to get a DVC/DCL pin. It is one pin per room.

6. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Here's the red lanyard and the pin. Didn't save the box. The black one is the one they used to give out. Click the image to see a larger version.

[​IMG]

7. bakerworld

bakerworld DIS Veteran

Our box was a wood one with the lanyards inside - we left it - didn't need it

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The nicer wood one from December 2011 has been replaced with a piece of cardboard as of May 2012.

9. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

They had the cardboard ones in April 2012 also. Kinda liked it better in the sense that the wood box never gets used that I have and not something we need again.

10. DVC-Don

DVC-Don DIS Veteran

We had to ask for our gift at the DVC gift last week on the Magic. First night we asked and they said we'd have it by the next morning. Never got it. Asked again on the third day and they gave us the box with lanyards and a pin. Also asked about the DVC door magnet but they never got one for us.

11. dragonflymom

dragonflymom Mouseketeer

Do you get the lanyards if you're a DVC member but used cash and not points for the cruise?

12. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Yes.

13. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

Yes, you do. Sometimes the list of DVC members is not correct and you might have to go to the DVC desk to get your name on the list.

There used to be a DVC desk in the terminal but not sure if it is still there and/or staffed.

14. panixx

panixx Dis Dad Member #642

Interesting. We booked through a travel agent. How do we let them know we are dvc members? Just call customer service?

15. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

They just know. There is nowhere to note it on your reservation. It is my understanding that DVC cross references the passenger list with the member list every cruise. If you don't get your gift go to the DVC desk and ask them about it.