DVC/DVD in annual report?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by dilettante, Feb 13, 2002.

1. dilettante

dilettante Earning My Ears

I didn't see any mention of DVC/DVD in Disney's annual report. Did I overlook something or is it just not there - and why. Seems like DVC/DVD is a bright spot in an otherwise lackluster profit year.

cheers

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

It is never broken out as a seperate entity. I seem to recall that it falls into the Disney Imagineering division. We're Disney's little secret profit center.

4. Werner Weiss

Werner Weiss Curator of Yesterland

There are three reference to "Disney Vacation Club" and one reference to "Dieney Vacation Development" in the 2001 Annual Report of The Walt Disney Company.

The Walt Disney Company is divided into four business sgements:
    • Media Networks
    • Parks & Resorts
    • Studio Entertainment
    • Consumer Products
    Disney Vacation Club falls under Parks & Resorts. The Chairman of Parks & Resorts is Paul S. Pressler.

5. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

The company’s Walt Disney Imagineering unit designs and develops new theme park concepts and attractions, as well as resort properties. The company also manages and markets vacation ownership interests in the Disney Vacation Club.

That was the type of reference I had remembered from past reports. Thanks for the details Werner.

6. dilettante

dilettante Earning My Ears

Good find.

But these are token appearances for DVC/DVD. Certainly not comensurate with the profit success of this Disney subsidiary.

7. Granny

Granny Yeah, I'm a guy

It's in Disney's best interests not to break out any more information than they have to. If DVD is as profitable of an area as we hear, breaking out the numbers would show poorer performance from the parks and resorts. Don't forget, the annual reports of corporations are a required document, but most companies use them as marketing tools as well. In this case, the marketing target is the investment community. So the rosier overall picture you can paint, the better.