DVC AP Renewal/Magic Band Issue

DVC92

DIS Veteran
We renewed our DVC APs by phone and retrieved them on our next WDW visit at the Will Call window. Fast Passes were already reserved on our MDE account with the registered Will Call number issued at time of purchase. We were surprised that when we went to enter MK with our Magic Bands we were told that our APs had already expired and to go to the ticket window again. Spent a good hour with CM attempting to resolve the issue. I would have assumed when we initially went to the Will Call window that the number issued at time of purchase and entered onto our MDE account would have transferred over to the renewed AP and recognized by our bands for park entry. Does anyone know how to avoid this problem in the future?

Sounds like the CM just did not get the date entered correctly when you first picked it up. Other than asking them to double check I don't know of anything else you could have done or could do in the future.

I guess that mistake was easier to spot in the printed ticket days, like when I upgraded from hoppers to an AP and noticed the start date a few months prior to my arrival.

Now, I guess you can only check in the MDE website or app.

But this isn't a new problem. Somehow the ticketing system or a CM can accidentally set them up with a wrong date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter