DVC AP - Can it be charged to my room

gonzalj1

DIS Veteran
I would like to purchase my DVC AP and charge it to my room. I understand that I will have to wait until I get down there and there will probably be a price increase but charging it to my room will allow me to use my credit card points at double the value they would be if I just charged them. I will be buying 3 DVC APs (all adults as my kiddos have sadly reached double digits.)

TIA!

When you purchase park admission by room charge, that charge is sent to the CC almost immediately.

I would like to purchase my DVC AP and charge it to my room. I understand that I will have to wait until I get down there and there will probably be a price increase but charging it to my room will allow me to use my credit card points at double the value they would be if I just charged them. I will be buying 3 DVC APs (all adults as my kiddos have sadly reached double digits.)

TIA!

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Is this using the Disney Visa?

FYI - AP's are now the same price for adults & children. So don't be sad....;)

We have done this in the past. The only problem we have ever run into is the daily maximum allowance for room charges. Purchasing annual passes quickly puts you at or above that limit. I think they were able to override it, but just be aware that it can happen.

How does charging to your room get you double points? I am always looking for the best card to use for things like this too.

From the Disney Chase website "With Disney Premier Visa® Card you earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on purchases made at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants – plus, on purchases at most Disney locations".

:earsboy: Bill

From the Disney Chase website "With Disney Premier Visa® Card you earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on purchases made at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants plus, on purchases at most Disney locations".

So why would it make a difference if it is charged directly at a ticket booth or charged to the room?

I had a room charge in November, on my statement it says "DISNEY-RESORT-WDW. Online, Mail or Telephone transaction". I guess it would be considered a "purchase".

The OP's counter reads 232 days, there will most likely be a price increase greater than the extra 1%. The promotion could also be over by then.

...charging it to my room will allow me to use my credit card points at double the value they would be if I just charged them...

This is the part I was asking about...what CC is the OP using that this would apply? Just wanted to know how this was possible.

So why would it make a difference if it is charged directly at a ticket booth or charged to the room?

I had a room charge in November, on my statement it says "DISNEY-RESORT-WDW. Online, Mail or Telephone transaction". I guess it would be considered a "purchase".

The OP's counter reads 232 days, there will most likely be a price increase greater than the extra 1%. The promotion could also be over by then.

Could be that ticket booth charges are not coded for the rewards or maybe the OP is using another card that gives them double points on resort charges.

I'm curious about this also. We have purchased APs with Disney Visa at Guest Relations at DTD and ordered them over the phone with MS (PAPs last year) and got 2% rewards. What am I missing?

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Is this using the Disney Visa?

It's not a Disney Visa. My Venture reward card does not consider park admission as travel expenses. But it does consider hotel room charges a travel expense. So if I charge the park admission to my room I get double the value for my rewards points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter