DVC Annual Pass discount

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by jlx2, Oct 5, 2013.

1. jlx2

jlx2 Mouseketeer

I remember last year right about this time DVC members were able to purchase the premium annual passes for even a greater discount than normal. Has anyone heard anything about them offering it again or something similar this year? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Lots of speculation and wishful thinking, but nothing official.

4. Cruelladeville

Cruelladeville <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

My postcard came in the mail, and they are offering $110 off for the premium passport, and(I think) $90 for the regular one.

5. soxfans45

soxfans45 Earning My Ears

Has anyone else seen or heard anything on these postcards? I have not.

6. Belle & Ariel

Belle & Ariel DIS Veteran

meant to post on other thread

7. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

Does it say whether you can purchase a voucher with the discount?

8. jdkdorn

jdkdorn Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member

That is the same discount that they have always had for the passes. I am still holding out hope for the special DVC premium pass discount. I missed it last year because we were doing a Disney cruise but I hope to have it this year. I know it is really far fetched wishful thinking but who knows they may surprise us with the DVC discount magic. Since I am not going untiL March I can wait a little bit still.

9. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

So that's a discount off the "regular" prices? :( was hoping it was another like last year. Sure hope they do it again :)

10. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Is that an additional discount? The current AP/PAP member discount for new passes is $146 off.

11. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #18-A, you can get all ticket prices, including all types of APs. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

12. jdkdorn

jdkdorn Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member

What postcard? Is it a DVC postcard? I checked my mail and nothing in it today

13. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

Yeah i got that postcard but that was because i am a PAP holder and it was 110 off PAP or 90 off AP renewal prices.

Last year i bought the PAP for $399 each. I should have bought 3 more at that time too becasue they needed to be activated by 12-31-13 and i would have done that

I hope they bring this back because my PAP's expire 12/7:sad2:

14. chipdale74

chipdale74 Mouseketeer

I am hoping they do it. My dh has agreed to go a few times this upcoming year and ap would be the best way to go.

15. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I checked the DVC website, DVC renewals are $90 off for PAP, $70 off for AP. So it's a little more off if $110/$90 is off regular. I think if they are sending out post cards with this offer, that kills any big promo like last year.

16. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

Yea, we got that discount postcard too.. So guess we wont be seeing larger discounts this year.

17. HollenAngi

HollenAngi Mouseketeer

I have not received a postcard. Is the extra discount only off renewals?

18. Cruelladeville

Cruelladeville <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

My postcard was only for renewals. I, too, would have loved another special like last year's $399 special, but it's not to be.

19. KBrown88

KBrown88 Mouseketeer

Bummer. I was hoping to hear Disney would do the amazing deal from last year. My husband and I just bought DVC this year and it would have been nice to score a deal like that. On the bright side, this is the first year we can get a DVC discount on annual passes. :thumbsup2

20. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

The postcard is sent out when it's time for you to renew your current PAP. It's the usual reminder (which used to come as a letter in an envelope) about your Pass renewal window. The text on the card states:
    The fine print states:
    There is no mention anywhere that I have a DVC PAP. Based on the PAP prices in Cheshire Figment's ticket thread, $110 is what you would save on a Regular PAP renewal, not the DVC PAP renewal. If it was a special discounted renewal ($110 savings instead of the usual $90) we would have heard about it. I think it's just a mistake on Disney's part, failing to customize the pricing for DVC members.

PAP: $729
    PAP Renewal: $619
    Savings: $110

DVC PAP: $584
    DVC PAP Renewal: $494
    Savings: $90

The prices above are pre-tax. You actually save a bit more after tax because you are taxed on the lower price.

21. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

Where did you see the DVC PAP renewal price?