DVC Announces New Leader

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by WilsonFlyer, Aug 15, 2011.

1. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Per an e-mail just mailed to members.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mjc2003

mjc2003 DIS Veteran

Claire Bilby? Global Sales Leader. Anybody familiar with her?

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

From: http://www.disneydestinationstradenews.com/Disneyland/Claire_Bilby.cfm

Claire Bilby
    Senior Vice President
    Sales & Distribution Marketing

Claire Bilby leads the distribution marketing efforts for the sales channels of Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida; Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California; Hong Kong Disneyland; Disney Cruise Line; the Disney Institute; and Adventures by Disney. She serves as the sales leader for Disney’s Destination’s Asia Pacific Region, with overall responsibilities for Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney’s regional sales office in Tokyo and its sales offices in Australia and China. She also oversees General Sales Agent offices located in Korea, Taiwan and India.

A seasoned Disney Cast Member, she started her Walt Disney Parks and Resorts career in Orlando in 1988, and then moved to the Disneyland Resort ten years later where she became senior vice president of sales and distribution marketing.

In 2009, she relocated to Orlando to assume the role she now performs. Her distribution marketing team currently develops sales channel marketing strategies for the travel industry, the groups and conventions/meetings industry, military sales, youth sales, wedding sales, and internet sales. Her team also serves as the trade marketing function for the Walt Disney Travel Company, Disney’s wholly-owned travel subsidiary.

Bilby has an impressive depth of experience and leadership in worldwide sales and marketing. She has helped launch several new Disney theme parks, including Hong Kong Disneyland. She also helped to open Disney’s MGM Studios (now called Disney’s Hollywood Studios), Disneyland Paris, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s California Adventure park, and was instrumental in developing a successful 50th anniversary celebration for Disney’s first theme park, Disneyland, in Southern California.

Prior to joining Disney, Claire was regional marketing manager of Hertz’s Corporation’s Southeast U.S. region, where she implemented new product offers and developed new business relationships with hotels, airlines and convention bureaus. Bilby is based at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts sales and marketing offices in Celebration, Florida.

Prior to joining Disney, Claire was regional marketing manager of Hertz’s Corporation’s Southeast U.S. region, where she implemented new product offers and developed new business relationships with hotels, airlines and convention bureaus.

Bilby is based at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts sales and marketing offices in Celebration, Florida.

5. Belle & Ariel

Belle & Ariel DIS Veteran

I immediately thought of you when I got the email on this. Is there dancing in the streets?

6. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

Sounds like her expertise is marketing. Lovely.

7. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

Yep just got the email as well

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We'll see.

9. nu2dvc

nu2dvc Mouseketeer

10. DaveH

DaveH DIS Veteran

I wonder if we will get more sales pitches now? I am at wait and see mode. Hopefully some good changes take place. No all changes are bad even under Jim Lewis.

11. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Well I for one am are pleased they emailed us the news. That is an improvement.

Two, I think a woman is a good change. :thumbsup2

12. Dizny Dad

Dizny Dad DiznyDi Fan

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, so off to work she goes . . . .

13. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

It didn't take them long to announce the replacement for Jim Lewis. Any thoughts?

14. YourEveryDayAdam

YourEveryDayAdam DIS Veteran

I just received this e-mail from DVC:

15. Mouse511

Mouse511 DIS Veteran

First positive step - quick and effective communication....lets see how it goes from here....

16. Cap

Cap <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

So she is going to be a "Senior Vice President", while Lewis was a "President". Is this room to grow, the prior management reorganization, or just some title and salary downsizing?

17. Steve@BWV

Steve@BWV Earning My Ears

That was my first thought as well. But at least she will understand word of mouth is the best advertising. Keeping the customers happy will drive sales better than any marketing scheme will.

18. Ryansdad0727

Ryansdad0727 DIS Veteran

If she is a good leader and manager she will get everyone on the same page.. Letting everyone know who is in charge is, as Mouse511 said, a very positive step. Hopefully she will be as passionate about customer service as she has been about the marketing aspect.

19. Mister Incredible

Mister Incredible <font color=red>I'm not an expert, but I did stay

Actually her background looked more sales than marketing, just wondering about her Customer Service background.

20. ericamcl

ericamcl DIS Veteran

I was telling my DH about this earlier this evening and told him I though that putting a woman in charge might not be such a bad thing....he just rolled his eyes at me ;)

ETA: I just checked and I haven't received any email from DVC as of yet....I'm just going by what my fellow DVCers have been posting on the boards

21. jodifla

jodifla WDW lover since 1972

getting an email about what's going on at DVC is pretty darned shocking! I'll hold a good thought that she's better than he was.