During Thanksgiving... $239.50 at Dolphin or $325 at YC??

Hi again :) Did you ask about the "entertainment rate" at the Dolphin. I have heard of others getting a rate right under 200$? It's worth a call to find out if it is available during your stay.

:wave:

MOM POPPINS said:
Hi again :) Did you ask about the "entertainment rate" at the Dolphin. I have heard of others getting a rate right under 200$? It's worth a call to find out if it is available during your stay.

:wave:
I booked it on line and it didn't have that option, it just had Government Employee, Senior Discount, Promotional Rates and Automobile Association. Besides, I can't even find my EC and it will expire in Nov
. I should have one sent to me real soon though.. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll just call tomorrow.

johnsonet said:
Go with the YC!! You'll miss the Disney theming at the Dolphin! :cloud9:

Hi Telly,

I agree with Liz. Also, there are usually several times during the year that you can get the Dolphin for much less than this.

Your DS sounds like my two DD's. They hate to miss school. :rolleyes:
Thank goodness they take after my DW! :rotfl:

Gordon

The Dolphin Pool is fantastic. There also have a great hot tubs. The beds are very comfortable and the lobby is impressive. My daughters loved the Dolphin and preferred it to being at POR (we did a split stay). We really liked walking on the boardwalk and had a great breakfast at Spoodles. We watched the fireworks from outside the resort and had yummy ice cream at the fountain. For the difference in price I would try the Dolphin and then you will know whether or not you like it for future trips. Although I would chose to be in a Disney Resort, half of my family would choose the Dolphin. So I say, give it a try!

The Yacht Club is really wonderful. One of the biggest advantages of the YC is the pool, which is really a mini water park. The unfortunate thing is that the weather this time of year can get pretty cold for swimming, so the pool isn't such an advantage. We've been to Disney Thanksgiving weekend when the temperature has dropped into the low 40's. Not quite swimming weather, even for you snow-luvin' Yankees out there. ;)

In this case, the Dolphin may be more ideal. Simply because for the price difference, ~100 a day, you can walk a little further to enjoy Disney. That's either a good meal or some nice smaller meals.

Now if you believe the $s are worth being a little closer to Epcot and the environment at the YC, then go for it. It's just that for my money, the pool would be the deciding factor. The Dolphin and Swan have a tremendous following on this board and given the time of year and the choice, I'd be tempted.

I think I would go with the Dolphin and spend the extra $ on a nice dinner or two with your parents.

Thanks guys! I love when there's more responses to read! I know SAB is a one "hot sizzling pool"... the #1 pool per most DISers. But I guess at this point, it is more about the best rate. I would love to stay at the BC... because it is so close to the IG. But I suppose I could easily take the boat to Epcot and MGM. I'm hoping that there will be lots of folks from YC/BC to just walk it to Epcot, then there will be more room for us on the boat and less wait.

NOW... if I can only find great air fare... it would be a beautiful thing! If not.. I may have to move it back to December (during Christmas) so I can drive it from Michigan to Orlando. And this will give me more time drive and not be rushed. The children will be off from Dec 23- Jan 3. And this will only mean POR for us... or two rooms at POP... another decision there.

Thank you... thank you.. thank you everyone! You guys have been such a great help! If anymore thoughts you guys want to add.. please just chime in!

Telly
:)

I have stayed at the Dolphin and Swan quite a few times since 2000, but never the Yacht or Beach Club. I LOVE the Swan and Dolphin, and would definitely choose that to save the money.

I'm sorry, Telly. You've already been to WDW too many times this year. You'll have to wait until sometime in late 2006 before booking another trip. Remember, let everyone else have a turn!!!

;) :rotfl:

I've stayed at both.

The bathrooms are more 'deluxe' at the YC. We received a complimentary upgrade from std vw to water vw and had a perfect view of Illuminations from our balcony. It was pure heaven and felt extemely lucky!!!!!

Dolphin is a great hotel. The CMs are soooo nice. Dolphin/Swan are the last stop on the boat to MGM so it's a shorter commute for those hotels than YC/BC.

I have ressies at the Swan for Mousefest. You just can't beat a deluxe at the price of a Disney mod. I'd save the money and stay Dolphin.

Thank you guys so much for taking your time to reply and giving me some insights. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time no matter where we stay. I just can't wait to see my parents face when they see Disney is all decked with Christmas decorations... and the spirit of joy around them. I would love love to just stay at WL... the perfect resort during the Holiday, but we are concentrating doing Epcot and MGM and maybe take a quick glimpse of MK. We will see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter