Dumbo Double Dare!!

If you are a Disney Visa card holder you can! Or if you go to Tink Expo- they had registration for marathon folks, so I'm guessing Tink will also be allowed to register early.

If you have a Facebook friend who registered and shared the news on their timeline, there will be a link to register. That is how I was able to register on Thursday.

Do they still give out the free bags for registering at the expo like they used to?

Trying to decide whether to just do it online or have our son take a trip to the expo this weekend.

They did not give out anything or give discounts for registering at expo for marathon. Figure same will be for Tink. Save the time in line and sign up online!

Do they still give out the free bags for registering at the expo like they used to?

Trying to decide whether to just do it online or have our son take a trip to the expo this weekend.

From what I read, they did not have them this past weekend.

Gonna be hitting the Expo this weekend for Tink, I'll let ya'all know how the lines move for registrations. Did anybody happen to get a picture of the new medal?

Well I'm in! A bit priceyer than expected since I decided to take care of everything at once (pasta tickets, registration, the commemorative items) but at least I am set for September on that end!

So I am really close to pulling the trigger on my first race of any kind. :) I'm nervous. I am not a runner in the least, but something about the Disney races are calling to me. Plus, I am on weight loss journey and feel like maybe having a goal would be a good thing.

I'm thinking I should just start with the 5k, but the inaugural 10k sounds fun too. I walk the parks all the time with no issues. So I don't know if the 5k will feel too short? Can anyone give me your opinions.

Also, the commemorative stuff you can buy when you register: pins, jewelry, etc. Do you have to pre-purchase when you buy? Or will it be available at the expo.

I am thinking of using my DVC points at the VGC. But I am also considering staying off site if I decide not to use the points (only a wait list right now anyway). We like the Anabella; is that too far? I've read this thread that people like Stovalls, and Candy Cane, and I think I've seen a lot of chatter elsewhere about HoJos. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

So I am really close to pulling the trigger on my first race of any kind. :) I'm nervous. I am not a runner in the least, but something about the Disney races are calling to me. Plus, I am on weight loss journey and feel like maybe having a goal would be a good thing.

I'm thinking I should just start with the 5k, but the inaugural 10k sounds fun too. I walk the parks all the time with no issues. So I don't know if the 5k will feel too short? Can anyone give me your opinions.

Also, the commemorative stuff you can buy when you register: pins, jewelry, etc. Do you have to pre-purchase when you buy? Or will it be available at the expo.

I am thinking of using my DVC points at the VGC. But I am also considering staying off site if I decide not to use the points (only a wait list right now anyway). We like the Anabella; is that too far? I've read this thread that people like Stovalls, and Candy Cane, and I think I've seen a lot of chatter elsewhere about HoJos. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The desire to run the Neverland 5K in January 2012 got me off the couch and on a weight loss journey. 125 lbs. later, I'm running half marathons. I find that running goals and weigh loss goals go well together.

As to the choice of distances I can tell you this: 1. You have 8 months to train. 2. The 5K finisher's medallion is typically made out of rubber or plastic. The half marathon finisher's medals are made out of medal. The 10k is brand new, but given the tie in with the Double Dumbo Dare (which I just registered for) I'd be willing to bet that the 10k finisher's medals will be made of metal.

As to the commemorative stuff, It is for sale at the expo. The only risk you run by not pre-ordering it is that it will be sold out by the time you get to the expo. If you really want it, pre-order it. That way you know you will get it. I pre-order the pins for the race for my wife's pin strap.

Finally, I can't recommend a hotel. I live 10 miles south of Disneyland and will sleep in my own bed the nights before the races.

Rick

Lady year I stated at the Holiday Inn on Walnut, and it is likely that I will stay there again this year. It was 1 block from Downtown Disney so it was a short walk before and after. I would recommend it and I am usually a hotel snob. Last year the princess was my first half and I could not even run a half a mile. I would say you should even at this point sign up for the half the energy of the day will carry you through. I'm doing the DDD.

You CAN do this. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Do the
10K! You do have to train to keep to a 16min/mile pace but that is completely doable. Take that first step. The feeling is awesome at the finish line.

We have DVC too. Staying at Disneyland hotel on points. Didn't want to chance waiting until the 9 month window to book VGC. Disneyland's plush beds are incredible and I couldn't pass it up again this year - especially since we'er running the 10K and the half. Need my sleep! Got to love the very short walk to the start of the race as well. Perfect location and it has a monorail slide in the pool!

mickeysgal said:
You CAN do this. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Do the
10K! You do have to train to keep to a 16min/mile pace but that is completely doable. Take that first step. The feeling is awesome at the finish line.

We have DVC too. Staying at Disneyland hotel on points. Didn't want to chance waiting until the 9 month window to book VGC. Disneyland's plush beds are incredible and I couldn't pass it up again this year - especially since we'er running the 10K and the half. Need my sleep! Got to love the very short walk to the start of the race as well. Perfect location and it has a monorail slide in the pool!

Luckily VGC is our home resort, but still had to wait list for the studio. Thought about using points for PP, it's almost the same as VGC! We don't have a lot of points, so I cant justify DLH, but someday!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! And especially the PP that told me the 5k medal is not medal!! I would have even so disappointed!! So, I'm mostly in for the 10k. Ha. I know I have to decide soon!!

Luckily VGC is our home resort, but still had to wait list for the studio. Thought about using points for PP, it's almost the same as VGC! We don't have a lot of points, so I cant justify DLH, but someday!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! And especially the PP that told me the 5k medal is not medal!! I would have even so disappointed!! So, I'm mostly in for the 10k. Ha. I know I have to decide soon!!

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on PPH using points. I'm guessing there are no nights available at VGC in a studio? I would love to get the last night there. I think I will do 3 nights at PPH and the last night at VGC if I can get it, if not off property.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on PPH using points. I'm guessing there are no nights available at VGC in a studio? I would love to get the last night there. I think I will do 3 nights at PPH and the last night at VGC if I can get it, if not off property.

Is it weird that PPH is 1 point cheaper than VGC per night for the weekend? What's up with that?

Studio availablity right now:
Thurs, 8/29 yes
Fri, 8/30 no
Sat, 8/31 no
Sun, 9/1 no
Mon, 9/2 yes

1 bedroom still has availability for Friday night, but now sat and sun are booked (could swear it was open yesterday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter