1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Dumb Question about refillable mugs!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CerysG, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CerysG

CerysG Mouseketeer

Last time we went I knew we could get them but we didn't bother...not sure why! This time I think it might be a good idea and since they are included with the dinning plan why not. So how do you get them exactly? Where are you allowed to fill them up? We are staying at the CB. Thanks for the help:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

They can be picked up at the resort counter service locations (at least as far as Poly and POR) and then the cashier runs it thru that it has been picked up by you. Then you refill the drinks at the same location--a counter service. :)

4. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

OP. on your first trip to the food court, pick out your mugs and go to the cashier. There are credits on your room key ( one for each person on the dining plan), that the cashier will just swipe and your new mugs will be deducted. We always do this right after check in so we can drop our mugs off in the room.

5. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

You can pick up your mug at Old Port Royale (food court, store, arcade) at Caribbean Beach. The refill station is there in the food court. Easy to spot and easy access.

6. CerysG

CerysG Mouseketeer

Can you only refill them at the food court or can you do it at the pool bar?

7. Disneytwinsmom

Disneytwinsmom DIS Veteran

We have the deluxe dining plan with 2 adults and 2 kids on it. Do the kids get mugs as well?

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yes, anyone on the plan gets the mugs. But if they are under the age of three, they are not on the plan. So no mugs.

9. Disneytwinsmom

Disneytwinsmom DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! My twins are four and they will love the mugs. I have mine from every time I have been in the past ( pre-twins) and they love mine.

10. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

You can use them anywhere at your resort that has a refill station. Some resorts such as SSR have multiple pool refill stations as well as the one in the foodcourt.

11. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

Does anyone wash them out before using them?

12. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

I do.

While at home, I take a normal sponge, get it damp, super saturate it w/ dish washing soap. Then, let it dry out. When it is completely dry (many days later), I cut it into smaller squares. Then dump the bunch into a ziploc baggie, and add to the WDW vacation bucket.

I use these daily while on vacation to wash the mugs with. They have enough soap, just add hot water.

13. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

There's a mug wash station right in the CBR food court. Yes, I do rinse mine out and then wash them more thoroughly at the end of each day in the room.

14. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

AWESOME! What a great idea!