Dumb crock pot question

kellia

DIS Veteran
I have a Rival Crock pot. There are 4 buttons- High: 4 or 6 hours, Low: 8 or 10 hours. I am gone for 11 hours a day. Does it cook at a lower temp for 10 hours than it does when you put it on 8 hours? I am not sure if I should do it for how long I'll be gone or how long something takes to cook, if that makes sense!

Always stay with the low setting if you don't know when your going to check on it.If it has A warm setting go with that.Then crank it on high when you return.Crockpots are good ,but don't overdo it.
Matter of fact I never seen A crockpot without A warm setting-use it if your gone more time then what the recipe calls for!!!!!!!!!!!

Always stay with the low setting if you don't know when your going to check on it.If it has A warm setting go with that.Then crank it on high when you return.Crockpots are good ,but don't overdo it.
Matter of fact I never seen A crockpot without A warm setting-use it if your gone more time then what the recipe calls for!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 3 crockpots of varying ages and NONE have a warm setting. Mine have High & Low. To the OP, if you know you are going to be gone for 11 hours then use the 10 hour setting as it will cook the slowest and not leave with with over done food.

I have 3 crockpots of varying ages and NONE have a warm setting. Mine have High & Low. To the OP, if you know you are going to be gone for 11 hours then use the 10 hour setting as it will cook the slowest and not leave with with over done food.

I got 2 of them and look on the face-it says WARM..On the stainless steel one all I gotta do is keep pressing the cook/time button to the WARM light comes on!!

http://images.lowes.com/product/048894/048894027017.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...alse&corpCard=false&type=-9223372036854775808

I go by what time I want to eat dinner. I don't work, so I never use the low settings as I would have to get up very early early to have it all in the pot to let it cook for 8 or 10 hours, and have it be done by 6pm or so. I also have a Rival with the high 4, 6 hour/ low 8, 10 hour settings, so I usually use the high 6 hours or 4 hours, depending on the recipe directions. My present crockpot does have a warm setting which it automatically switches to if I don't turn it off right after the 6 or 4 hours are up. So if you work a long day and use the low 10 hours, it will switch to warm after the 10 hours are up and keep it warm for you if you aren't home yet. None of the crock pots I used to own had a warm setting it was just low or high knob. I love having the warm setting and use it on holidays to make my mashed potatoes keep them at a perfect temp. till serving time, and I can concentrate on the rest of the meal.

I got 2 of them and look on the face-it says WARM..On the stainless steel one all I gotta do is keep pressing the cook/time button to the WARM light comes on!!

http://images.lowes.com/product/048894/048894027017.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...alse&corpCard=false&type=-9223372036854775808

I never said I didn't believe you I was just answering this line in your previous post

You say you've never seen one without the warm setting well come on over because I have 3 of them!

I never said I didn't believe you I was just answering this line in your previous post

You say you've never seen one without the warm setting well come on over because I have 3 of them!

You know what I went to my mom's house this past weekend and she got one that don't have A warm setting she has had for years.I never paid attention before this thread.So I stand corrected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter